Whether you’re prepping your child for the first day of first grade, high school, or sending them off to college, make sure your kiddo is the coolest in class with 41 of the craftiest “Back to School” DIYs ever assembled!
1. Protect your notebook and make it your own with a DIY custom cover
2. Drawstring backpacks tote everything from calculators to extra snacks.
3. Make a “Cat-n-Sew” pencil case
4. Go “old school” in the classroom with this Vintage USA Map Chart inspired by German Rollkarte.
5. Get comfy with a Book Spine Cushion
6. Revamp a cozy study nook using temporary wallpaper
7. Update an old bag with a fun pattern pocket
8. Personalize your child’s beloved books with this custom bookplate tutorial
9. Sew up an adorable school bus pencil pouch
10. This notebook inspired lunch bag is everything!
11. Check out this super unique nerdy-chic book clutch
12. Personalize each day with this chalkboard lunchbox
13. How sweet are these knotted zipper pencil pouches?
14. Stitch up a Kindergarten Nap Mat and Pillow
15. DIY Travel Art Roll will come in handy inside and out of the classroom
16. Keep electronics organized with a custom cord roll
17. Quilted Drawstring Bag
18. Turn a favorite class photo into a zipper pouch
19. DIY Small Ironing Table, perfect for the dorm
20. DIY Lace Bookmarks
21. Teach your child to make a simple beginner’s quilt
22. These wallpaper hacks keep every space creative and personal
23. Get “book smart” with these DIY floating book shelves
24. Empower your child artist by making a custom iPad Sleeve featuring their art
25. DIY Chalkboard Placemats
26. Bedside Organizer with Pockets Tutorial
27. Custom Kids Bento Box Lunch Bag
28. School wardrobe: Turn Pants into Shorts (and Make it Look Good)
29. Start the new school year with a fresh duvet cover for the kiddo’s room
30. Easily the most glamourous way to store writing utensils
31. Back to School wardrobe: Knit Beanie Hat Tutorial
32. Ride into class in style with a Unicorn Hobby Horse
33. Whiteboard Walls for Your Creative Kid’s study space
34. Kids Custom Apron for art class
35. Look fresh on the first day with Turban-Style Headbands
Easy How To: Turban Style Headbands | Simple As That Blog
36. Never lose your place with custom fabric bookmarks
37. Easy and fun DIY Cloth Napkins for school lunches
38. How to Cover a Composition Book with Spoonflower Wallpaper
39. Use wallpaper scraps to decoupage coffee tins. Perfect for storing pens, pencils & markers
40. Create cozy floor pillows for quiet time
41. Revamp a plain, boring art desk using this peel-and-stick wallpaper hack
Pick your favorite back to school DIY and get started creating! Let us know in the comments which project is your favorite and don’t forget to share your projects with us on social by tagging @spoonflower. Happy Making!
Still in search of inspiration? Find more ideas on our Back to School Pinterest board.