Wedding planning season has arrived and we’re highlighting 25 of our favorite projects to help you achieve the DIY wedding of your dreams. From unique ways to jazz up your dancing shoes to inventive photoshoot backdrops and custom bridesmaids dresses, we’ve got all skill levels and time commitments covered. Get comfortable, relax and enjoy the inspirational view—then don’t forget to bookmark your favorites. We promise there’s something for every crafty bride on our list!
1. Brides and bridesmaids alike will dazzle in the simply elegant Sprout Patterns Long Anna Dress.
2. Create a “I Love You More” paper garland (or use your own phrase!) for a sweet photo backdrop.
3. We love how we can use up small remnants from our fabric stash to make these cute pleated bow ties!
6. The folks at Ruffled have the perfect festive send off that your wedding vendor will approve of. And, this DIY takes only an hour!
7. Who says your wedding bouquet can’t last forever? Create your own fabric posy with Want That Wedding.
We love a good no-sew project and we’ve got two. Honestly Yum created this adorable cake topper bunting (9) and we just can’t get over how sweet the tiny fabric bunting (10) by Vintage Scrap Shop looks. This is another great stash buster project, however we also recommend selected fabrics from curated themes to give your bunting a cohesive look.
11. Gift wrap is not just for presents! Check out this super savvy envelope liner video tutorial by Spoonflower staff member Suz.
12. Don’t forget the groomsmen! Custom pocket squares give an extra bit of individuality and love to your wedding. Learn how to make your own design that you can then print and sew in this handy step-by-step.
13. When Marketing team member Meredith got married, she turned a love note into a one-of-a-kind keepsake for her new husband. We can’t think of anything more thoughtful or sweet!
14. Your bridesmaids are your best friends and these DIY sleep masks are the perfect indulgence to give your lady crew. Bonus: There’s a free pattern included with this tutorial!
15. If there’s one thing we love at Spoonflower, it’s a good pun. That’s why we’re including this fun DIY Knot Pillow by Sugar & Cloth. It’s the perfect addition to your home once you and your partner have (drumroll, please) ‘tied the knot‘.
16. All Day Chic has created one of the most genius DIYs to jazz up your dancing shoes for your big day. We’re in love!
17. Design Love Fest shows us how to create an inexpensive heart-shaped photo backdrop using easy to find items. They’re using red napkins for this tutorial, but you can also get the same look with vibrant red fabric.
19. Join the team at Style Me Pretty to create a unique and elegant spin on the classic escort tags. These DIY cards will make a lasting impression and help give a polished look to your wedding day.
20. Weddings are one big party and keeping kids entertained is an important consideration. Our simple solution: Create coloring stations using our Woven Peel & Stick wallpaper (be sure to order the Woven and not the Smooth!) printed with black and white coloring pages. It’s both an easy set-up and clean-up, and we promise it won’t be just the kids who let their artistic side shine.
21. Zipper pouches require only a little bit of skill and a fat quarter of fabric, and they make great bridesmaid gifts. Create your own in just 9 easy steps or check out the accessory options from our sister brand Sprout Patterns for more gifting ideas.
22. Martha Stewart’s scented sachet DIY makes an ideal gift for both your mother and mother-in-law. They’re easy to make, too!
23. Personalized wedding pillow for under $10? We’re sold! See how to make your own, free template included.
24. Curate your own set of twelve 16″x16″ napkins customized with the designs of your choosing using Spoonflower’s Fill-A-Project™ Napkin Set. Perfect for a breezy, summery wedding day.
25. Who says making your own custom robes isn’t easy? Our friends at Style Me Pretty say it’s so! Follow their 9 easy steps to create beautiful bridesmaids robes for all of your best friends. Mimosas not included.
Bonus Project: Because we’re feeling adventurous, we’re throwing an extra DIY into the roundup. Perfect for the bride-to-be, Sprout Patterns’ Askaka Kimono pairs perfectly with the bridesmaid’s robes above.
We’re not done yet. Read our 8 tips on planning a DIY wedding and leave us a comment if you’ve got your own tips, too! Happy DIY wedding planning!