After a busy holiday season, it’s easy to feel like you need a little (or a lot!) of time to yourself in your design or sewing studio. This January we’re helping you do just that with a friendly design challenge in partnership with Rhianna Wurman, the original creator of #doodleaday on Instagram and designer behind ellolovey. Throughout the month, join us in our Doodle-a-Day challenge around the theme “Self Care”. Whether you design with pen and paper, an iPad and Procreate or draw a quick doodle on the whiteboard at work, we hope each day’s prompt inspires you to slow down, relax, and prioritize yourself and the things that make you happy.
Before you get started, get to know Rhianna in her Meet the Designer interview!
January Doodle-a-Day Prompts
New Year’s Resolution
Flowers / Plants
Words of Affirmation
We’ve even translated the prompts in Spanish, French and German to invite even more of the Spoonflower community to join the fun!
- Use the list above as your daily drawing inspiration.
- Be sure to share your doodles on Instagram and use #doodleadayjanELSF. Remember top tag @spoonflower and @ellolovey so we can all see and encourage each other’s work—and also so you can be eligible to win our prizes!
- Feel free to jump in whenever you like and do as many prompts as you like or even just a few!
- This is a fun exercise to work the right side of the brain. There really are no rules except to have fun and get creative.
Every Friday throughout January we’ll randomly choose a winner in one of the following categories to receive a special Spoonflower x Ello Lovey Prize Pack. A grand prize winner will be selected at random at the end of the challenge to win the Spoonflower x Ello Lovey Doodle-a-Day Grand Prize, including an iPad, Apple pencil and other fun design goodies to help you kickstart your year of creativity. Make sure your posts are hashtagged with #doodleadayjanELSF to be eligible to win
Weekly Prize Categories
- Week 1: Gotta Have It On Fabric —the design we’d most love to see on fabric
- Week 2: Most Unexpected Interpretation of the Theme
- Week 3: Most Colorful Design
- Week 4: Most Interesting Use of Texture
Spoonflower x Ello Lovey Weekly Prize Pack
- Spoonflower Prize Pack featuring
- Ello Lovey Prize Pack featuring
- Procreate App
Spoonflower x Ello Lovey Doodle-a-Day Grand Prize
- Spoonflower Prize Pack
- Ello Lovey Prize Pack
- iPad and Apple Pencil
- Tombow Markers
- Procreate App
- 1 year Skillshare Membership
Need a little design help before you get started? Don’t miss all the resources available on the blog!
Happy doodling, friends!