Did you know that tea towels originated in 18th-century England? We’re celebrating this classic kitchen accessory–and Marketplace favorite–with a Spoonflower tradition: tea towel design challenges! For five weeks, we’re challenging you to design a tea towel that you’d proudly put on display in your kitchen, gift to a friend or use to kick off the new year. Our friends at Roostery are helping us celebrate this Spoonflower tradition with the Special Edition Spoonflower Tea Towel.
Like previous years, all tea towel entries will automatically be previewed on a Special Edition Spoonflower Tea Towel during voting. Jump ahead to learn more about the ins and outs of formatting your entry to ensure a picture-perfect preview!
If the gift giving season leaves you scratching your head trying to figure out what to get everyone on your list, you’re in luck! This year, we’ve rounded up 50 tea towel designs that will make the season of giving easier than ever. From teachers to technicians and everything in between, there’s a design for everyone this year thanks to the 500,000+ designs available in the Spoonflower Marketplace!
No time to DIY a set of linen cotton canvas tea towels? Be sure to visit our sister site, Roostery, to order these designs or any others from the Marketplace as finished tea towels. Just remember– ensure your order ships in time for the holidays using our helpful holiday shipping deadlines!
See which designs made the list!
1. For the Cat Lover
After seeing this week’s Farm to Tea Towel design challenge entries, it’s no secret the Spoonflower community enjoys their daily dose of fruits and veggies! It gives us great pleasure to congratulate FIRST-TIME design challenge grand prize winner, jacquelinehurd, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design Farm to Table. We also want to celebrate second place (cynthiafrenette) and third place (solnca_lych) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. Ready for another serving of leafy greens? Then check out the rest of the top ten here, or let Roostery help you make the perfect gift for your favorite farmer by turning this week’s designs into ready-made tea towels, no sewing required!
1. 291 votes for Farm to Table by jacquelinehurd
2. 268 votes for Fresh from the Farmer’s Market by cynthiafrenette
3. 246 votes for Autumn harvest and hares teatowel by solnca_lych
4. 244 votes for Farm Fresh by lucindawei
5. 243 votes for Let food be thy medicine tea towel by natalia_gonzalez
6. 232 votes for Farmer’s Market Tea Towel by jill_o_connor
7. 224 votes for GardenVeggies_Repeat by joypaton
8. 221 votes for Watercolor carrot repeat by adenaj
9. 204 votes for homegrown by studiojenny
10. 203 votes for Fall Farmers Market by sarah_knight [Read more…] about Announcing the Farm to Tea Towel Design Challenge Winners
We’re getting a jump-start on the holidays with a month of design challenges highlighting your go-to gift of the season, tea towels! Whether you’re doing the hemming yourself or leaving it to the experts over at Roostery, the season wouldn’t be complete without a few new tea towels added to your kitchen collection. Like last year’s challenge, all designs made available for sale in the four tea towel challenges will also automatically be previewed on Roostery’s Special Edition Spoonflower Tea Towel.
Jump ahead to learn more about the ins and outs of formatting your entry to ensure a picture-perfect preview!
2018 Tea Towel Calendar | Results Announced October 5
Ring in the new year with a favorite Spoonflower design tradition: Tea Towel Calendars. Celebrate 2018 (the year of the dog!) with a tea towel calendar design for the new year ahead. Need a little design kick-start? Find a 2018 calendar template here!* Entries will be submitted at the Linen Cotton Canvas fat quarter size (27″ wide x 18” high, landscape orientation) but previewed during voting as a Spoonflower Special Edition Tea Towel (16″ wide x 24″ high, portrait orientation). Submissions close September 26, 2017 at 3 p.m. eastern daylight time. Voting begins September 28, 2017. See official rules.
*This is also a great time to upload a revision on your 2017 calendars for the new year or move them to the private setting.
You know those neat, crisp corners on quilts and professionally sewn napkins that you look at and say “I could never do that?” You’re not alone; we’ve been there! We’re pleased to report that mastering mitered corners is easier than you may think, especially when you’ve got the right fabric. Our brand new Lightweight Cotton Twill (perfect for reusable napkins and table linens) has just enough structure to make crisp corners, but is light enough to be easy breezy to work with. It prints vibrantly and is brilliantly wash fast, so your new napkins will hold up. Follow along as we reveal the secret to sewing crisp, perfect mitered corners.
We've been counting down the days and it's finally tea towel calendar time again! Out of almost 300 entries, you voted on the 10 most beautiful calendars and the results are in. Congratulations to first-time winner and North Carolina based designer Jayme Hennel for her lovely "2016 Citrus Tea Towel-Navy" design! Marvel at all the top 10 winners and don't forget to check out our Facebook page today to see photos of all the finished tea towels printed on Linen Cotton Canvas!
450 votes for 2016 Citrus Tea Towel – Navy by jaymehennel
2. 431 votes for 2016 Tea Towel Calendar-Let Your Soul Blossom and Grow_dark by groovity
3. 411 votes for Succulents 2016 Tea Towel Calendar by nadiahassan
4. 387 votes for Hello Fox, Hello Squirrel 2016 Tea Towel by creativetaylor
5. 365 votes for 2016 Peacock Tea Towel Calendar by Andrea Lauren by andrea_lauren
6. 361 votes for 2016 A day in the forest by vo_aka_virginiao
7. 340 votes for my family tree 2016 calendar by doodleandhoob
8. 326 votes for 2016 garden calendar by cjldesigns
9. 325 votes for Another Year, Another Circus! by mariaspeyer
10. 324 votes for 2016 Raven Tea Towel Calendar by mariafaithgarcia