The second Lake design challenge ended in a frenzy of delicious designs! Congratulations to this week’s winner, heatherdutton, who took home the grand prize with her entry Pizza Night. In addition to a $200 Spoonflower credit prize, Heather was hand-selected by Lake to be featured in the Spoonflower coloring pack on the Lake app, available August 23. Joining her in the winners’ circle and coloring pack are baileyknudsen (second place) and pinkowlet (third place) who have received a $100 and $50 Spoonflower credit respectively. But that’s not all! Our friends at Lake loved the entries so much that instead of featuring the top eight winning designs in the Spoonflower pack as originally planned, they’ve chosen a top nine! See how you’ll be able to bring these designs to life on the Lake app here and don’t miss the entire tasty top 10.
1. 258 votes for Pizza Night – Coloring Book Black & White by heatherdutton
2. 248 votes for Food Frenzy by baileyknudsen
3. 243 votes for fruity felines! by pinkowlet
4. 208 votes for Fresh vegetables and pickled veggies by heleen_vd_thillart
5. 201 votes for colourfood by gaiamarfurt
6. 198 votes for Funki Fungi by seesawboomerang
7. 197 votes for Sushi Coloring by marketa_stengl
8. 186 votes for Pomegranate garden by dariara
9. 185 votes for I love toast! by littleknids
10. 183 votes for Vegetables by julia_gosteva [Read more…] about Announcing the Food Frenzy Lake Coloring Book Design Challenge Winners
For this week’s design challenge, we’ve partnered with Lake, an interactive coloring app, to offer a unique spin on our usual prompts. This time, designers were asked to create black and white line art inspired by everyone’s favorite childhood activity: coloring books! Originally, the top 10 winners, chosen by Lake, were going to be a part of a special free Spoonflower coloring book pack coming out via the Lake app in January. The team at Lake were so impressed with the entires from this week’s challenge that the top 16 designs will be featured in the pack! But first, let’s start off by celebrating grand prize winner, dearchickie, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design, Two Birds Hiding. Congratulations are also in order for second place (angelger28) and third place (torysevas) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. Learn more about this special design challenge and see the entire top ten here.
iPhone users can get a head start by practicing their coloring skills by downloading the Lake app here.
1. 298 votes for Two Birds Hiding by dearchickie
2. 259 votes for Floral Coloring Book by angelger28
3. 257 votes for tweet by torysevas
4. 253 votes for Color Me Woodland Animals by sarah_treu
5. 244 votes for Enchanted Garden Coloring Book Floral – Black and White by heatherdutton
6. 242 votes for bookshelves by laura_may_designs
7. 236 votes for All The Mushrooms on White by paisleydrawrs
8. 236 votes for Doodle Garden by diseminger
9. 231 votes for Snowflakes coloring by olgart
10. 226 votes for Coloring Book – Stepped Gables by meowandcraft [Read more…] about Announcing the Lake Coloring Book Design Challenge Winners
Remember the hours you spent as a kid (or still do as an adult!) coloring the black and white pages of your favorite coloring books? During July’s Design Challenge, we’re reversing the roles and challenging you to create an inspiring coloring book page to be featured on the app we can’t stop buzzing about, Lake Coloring. Before you start designing, get to know more about one of 2017’s Apple Design Award winners and find out what makes a picture-perfect coloring page. Oh and don’t forget, the deadline to submit your entry is 3 p.m. EDT on July 24, 2018
Today's #SFDesignADay SpoonChallenge prompt features the stylish pen and ink simplicity of designer and author Lucie Duclos. She talks us through her process– from brainstorming, to drawing, to coloring–as well as the tools she uses. Be sure to follow along on the blog and in your inbox (it's not too late to sign up) until March 15 as we feature a new technique each day, presented to you by members of our talented community of designers!
Lucie: Pen and ink drawing is a line-based method of creating images. Subtle variations in style and line quality can range from whimsical and clever illustrations to super realistic drawings. There is an endless amount of pen and ink techniques, but I prefer the basic black and white line drawings because you can create strong graphics with a clean, modern look. And you can always add color at the end and still keep the black outline for definition!