We asked our friends Sarah and Andrea at Cherry Blossom Events to show us how they would throw a beautiful barn wedding. Using a new collection from celebrated Spoonflower designer shopcabin, the team masterfully mixed textures, colors—and had some fun with wallpaper in the process. Whether you’re planning your own wedding or know someone who’s going to say “I do,” here are some tips from Sarah and Andrea for the big day.
We’re falling for these Autumn Harvest designs from our last Weekly Design Prompt of September! See what all of our designers baked up for this theme, and don’t forget that we brought back the Weekly Design Challenge, so get your votes (and submissions) in!
Something about dropping temperatures, the smell of mulled spices and the orangey, golden hues painting the trees this time of year gets us in the mood to make aaaaaaaall the crafty things. Whether it’s sprucing up the home with an autumnal refresh, or a new cut-and-sew Halloween mask to spook the trick-or-treaters, we’ve found every Halloween craft under the Harvest moon for you to make this fall!
1. Cut and Sew Vintage Halloween Treat Bags
DIY Vintage-inspired treat bags? Yes, please. See the tutorial here.
Zombies, mummies, werewolves, vampires… perhaps not inherently evil, just misunderstood? We were delighted with all the creepy creatures our designer community came up with for last week’s prompt! Check out a few of our favorite “Monster Mash” tagged designs below and see them all here on our website.
Leaves! Crunching under our shoes, floating above our heads on a morning walk, littering our yards and leaving ghosted stamps on the sidewalk. There’s no denying that lovely leaves are piling up all around us right now! Here at Spoonflower HQ, it seems like every time we open the office door, a pile of leaves blows right in with us. Why not embrace it and let this abundant resource become inspiration for your next project? Spoonflower crew member Theresa is stopping by the blog today to bring you five beautiful craft projects featuring leaves. Let’s jump in!
I don't know about you, but around here, we turn positively giddy as soon as the temperature first starts to drop and the air gets crispy. Fall is finally here (or it will be in just 3 days!) and it has us feeling crafty. If you're anything like us, then we've got you covered with these 5 cozy crafts to get you in the mood for fall (as if you needed any help, right?). Bonus points if you're crafting with a pumpkin latte or brew in hand!
Make a Halloween Bunting with custom fabric by Heidi Kinney available on Spoonflower
Halloween Portraits – Slate Grey by Andrea Lauren available on Spoonflower
Pumpkin Pie !! by Demigoutte available on Spoonflower
Need even more fall crafting inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest and check out our DIY Fall Pinterest board!
We have Halloween fever! Good thing the Marketplace is overflowing with designs that fit the holiday to the tee. If you’re on the hunt for something creepy, cute, or just downright weird, chances are you can find it on Spoonflower.
Here are some favorites from the crew:
1. EJ’s favorite is Large Flesh Pile by Sugarxvice. 2. Allie’s favorite is Creepy Cocktail Hour by Kayajoy. 3. Teri’s favorite is Spidersquish by Caitlinrose. 4. Caroline’s favorite is March Of the Monsters by Leighr 5. Paula’s favorite is Skulls in the Garden by Ophelia.
The winner of our autumn-themed Fabric Of the Week contest — in which designers were allowed to use no more than three colors and white — is none other than Dennis Bennett, or dennisthebadger, a doctor from Frankfurt, Germany, who happens to dabble in fabric design. Dennis has won two previous contests, including the contest sponsored by the folks at NAP, the maker of Boba baby carriers. What's more, this makes the second week in row that a male designer has won our Fabric Of the Week contest. That's certainly never happened before, but perhaps it's a trend. Be sure to check out the top ten designs from the contest this week and if anyone decides to make an autumn-themed quilt from the winners, please, please, please post a photo in the Flickr group!
The final voting results were:
1. 662 votes for autumn forest by dennisthebadger
2. 645 votes for Those Nutty Squirrels by meg56003
3. 569 votes for Autumn Owl Tree Stripe by ttoz
4. 521 votes for Autumn (Brown) by pennycandy
5. 503 votes for tweety chirp chirp hoot 01 by amel24
6. 490 votes for Treetop Getaway – Night version by kayajoy
7. 442 votes for Autumn Trees by kezia
8. 430 votes for Fall is for Foxes by jgreenwalt
9. 409 votes for Holding on by meredithjean
10. 401 votes for Grasses Make Me Sneeze by meduzy
We asked participating designers this week to create autumn-themed designs limited to three colors, with white as an optional fourth color. Not too suprisingly, we got quite a few entries. Looked at in bunches, it's hard not to imagine what a beatiful fall quilt they would make. Please head over and vote for your favorites! We'll report back as usual next week.
The participants this week are:
1. 02BIRDS by artitbymandra
2. 100_2621-ch by myartself
3. 4th Doctor's Fall Scarf Stripe by fentonslee
4. A Change of Season by saenzdesign
5. A Creamy Pumpkin Pie Border by inscribed_here
6. A Day in the Forest by my_zoetrope
7. A Fall of Fun by eclectic_house
8. A is for Acorn! by minniemeatdaydreamstudio
9. a sting in the stripe by wednesday'sgirl
10. A sure sign of Autumn (in Texas) is the Homecoming Mum by beesocks