Whether you’re all about the bikini, tankini or one piece, there’s one thing that’s true : This summer, it’s all about the me-made swimsuit. With options to customize your suit through style, surface pattern (Have you seen the 500,000+ options in the Marketplace?) and fabric type (Did you know our Sport Lycra is swimsuit approved?), how could you not give these 10 DIY swimsuit projects a try?
1. The RiRi swimsuit in May’s issue of Sew Sew Def Mag is the flattering (and functional!) one piece bathing suit you’ve been looking for!
2. Ready for a change? Refashion your one-piece swimsuit into a high waisted two-piece with this easy DIY.
3. A few quick alterations will turn this DIY leotard into a swimsuit in no time.
4. The pop of color in this Sophie Swimsuit is giving us major floral inspiration!
5. This Burda Style 3-part sew-along is “one in a melon”.
6. Who says your lingerie should only be underneath your clothes! Learn how to revamp a bra pattern to get beach babe ready.
7. Suit up in a mesh one piece swimsuit. Bonus : it doubles as a bodysuit!
8. Give a nod to the ’50s with a flattering yet modest swimsuit.
9. Once you master swimwear basics, making your next DIY swimsuit will be a
walk in the park stroll on the beach.
10. Unicorns and mermaids. Need we say anymore about this playful Soma Swimsuit by Papercut Patterns?
Layer up in an easy beach coverup (achieve sheer perfection with our chiffon). Pom poms are a must!
Now that you’ve seen some of our top picks for a me-made summer, what will you be making for your next beach getaway or backyard sprinkler adventure? Find even more summer project ideas here!