Whether you’re all about the bikini, tankini or one piece, there’s one thing that’s true : This summer, it’s all about the me-made swimsuit. With options to customize your suit through style, surface pattern (Have you seen the 500,000+ options in the Marketplace?) and fabric type (Did you know our Sport Lycra is swimsuit approved?), how could you not give these 10 DIY swimsuit projects a try? Not quite ready to go to the deep end of DIY swimwear? Our sister company, Sprout Patterns, is now offering the Soma Swimsuit as a cut-and-sew project!
1. The RiRi swimsuit in May’s issue of Sew Sew Def Mag is the flattering (and functional!) one piece bathing suit you’ve been looking for!
2. Ready for a change? Refashion your one-piece swimsuit into a high waisted two-piece with this easy DIY.
3. A few quick alterations will turn this DIY leotard into a swimsuit in no time.
4. The pop of color in this Sophie Swimsuit is giving us major floral inspiration!
5. This Burda Style 3-part sew-along is “one in a melon”.
6. Who says your lingerie should only be underneath your clothes! Learn how to revamp a bra pattern to get beach babe ready.
7. Suit up in a mesh one piece swimsuit. Bonus : it doubles as a bodysuit!
8. Give a nod to the ’50s with a flattering yet modest swimsuit.
9. Once you master swimwear basics, making your next DIY swimsuit will be a
walk in the park stroll on the beach.
10. Unicorns and mermaids. Need we say anymore about this playful Soma Swimsuit by Papercut Patterns? Get a jump start on your Soma with a little help from Sprout Patterns.
Beach Babe Bonus
Layer up in an easy beach coverup (achieve sheer perfection with our chiffon). Pom poms are a must!
Now that you’ve seen some of our top picks for a me-made summer, what will you be making for your next beach getaway or backyard sprinkler adventure? Find even more summer project ideas here!