The role of the Warehouse Specialist is to serve Spoonflower’s rapidly growing community of designers, sewists, and fabric lovers as a member of the Operations team, with specific duties of maintaining the inflow of raw fabric, paper, and ink, transporting it from warehouse to factory, and organizing it for print production.
Essential Position Functions
- Responsible for receiving all deliveries, including an assortment of substrates used for production, shipping supplies, printers, equipment, and other office items.
- Maintain a log of deliveries and ensure that all items are placed in their appropriate area in the warehouse or delivered to the appropriate department.
- Responsible for receiving and correctly entering stock into Spoonflower’s admin inventory system (fabric, wall media, ink, parts, etc.), labeling it, and organizing it.
- Responsible for monitoring stock and materials such as fixation tissue paper, cardboard tubes, supplies, etc., as well as organization and documentation of orders placed.
- Responsible for placing orders with some vendors for materials such as tubes and tissue paper.
- Assist the print room in solving problems related to inventory, and work closely with procurement to resolve any physical problems with the inventory.
- Assist the Accounting Department by conducting a weekly and monthly (or as needed) audit of inventory, and provide assistance during year-end audits.
- Help Floor Operations recycle the waste fabric.
- Provide assistance to the Maintenance team as needed, or as skills permit.
- Maintain and restock inventory on the print prep shelves and assists printer operators, as needed, in preparing stock for the print room.
- Safely drive and properly use the forklift to receive and move pallets of stock and to take deliveries of substrates, printers, equipment and other items, as well as assist in maintaining the forklifts by doing daily checks, and assisting with scheduling repairs as needed.
- Safely drive, maintain, and properly use Spoonflower’s truck to transport stock from one location to another.
- Assist in maintenance & regular upkeep of the Payloader.
- Assist and help facilitate freight shipments from Spoonflower to other locations.
- Stay up to date and participate in aspects of print and floor operations as needed, or as skills and training permit.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Training Requirements (licenses, programs or certificates)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer literacy for operation of our internal and shipping softwares.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role:
- Visual acuity needed to maintain a current drivers license and operate a vehicle safely.
- Finger dexterity to cut fabric safely using handheld rotary cutters.
- Some knowledge of tools such as saws, hammers, etc. and the ability to safely use them.
- Lift approximately 50 lbs in assistance of loading, unloading and storing materials and equipment.
- Able to move and load large rolls of fabric of up to 50 lbs and to load fabric onto printers, storage shelves, and heating machines.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods as well as bend, climb, pull, push, balance, kneel, twist, stand, sit and climb stairs and ladders intermittently during the day.
- May be necessary to work extended hours as needed.
- Ability to recognize and identify quality issues.
- Because Spoonflower runs with 24-hour operations, we may need employees to be able to work weekends and evenings.
- Employees must be able to flex up and work more hours during times of heavy order flow, or flex down and work less hours during slow business periods.
The application process for Spoonflower is unique, so please take the time to read the instructions below:
- Cover letters are important! We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you have done. Please do not send just a resume.
- In your letter specify which position you are applying for, and include your name and contact information.
Click here to apply!
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered! No agencies or outside recruiters, please. Any unsolicited resumes will be fed to our printers. Candidates and/or resumes presented to non-HR employees from recruiters and/or agencies will be disqualified.