Among the rolls of wrapping paper getting ready to go out the door, we've spotted some amazing and unique designs. Among our favorites? This brain wrapping paper, which might be just the thing to use on gifts for your little zombies.
We had high hopes for our zombie plush toy-themed contest and, true to form, the Spoonflower community did not disappoint. The winner — whose last victory came in the notably less ghoulish zig-zag cheater quilt contesta few weeks ago — is Australian designer Julie Lynch. But any of the top ten would make excellent trick-or-treating companions.
The final votes:
1. 421 votes for My little zombie dolly (with her spooky friends on 1 yard panel) by cjldesigns
2. 411 votes for ZOMBIE MOMMY needs her coffee by bzbdesigner
3. 387 votes for Zombie Skelly Panda and Casual Green Ghoul ~ Reversible Doll by retrorudolphs
4. 375 votes for Zombie Monkey Plush Doll by staceyjean
5. 359 votes for Very Voodoo Zombie Doll by glanoramay
6. 322 votes for Mister Zombie by bora
7. 314 votes for Mr. 9to5 Zombie Plush Toy by Patty Rybolt Designs! by pattyryboltdesigns
8. 285 votes for Halloweeny plushies by amel24
9. 277 votes for zombiecorn by deb-o-rama
10. 260 votes for Zombie Cut and Sew Doll by jenniferfranklin
I had the odd experience a few days ago of trying to eat my breakfast while casting my votes in this week's zombie plushie contest. I don't think of myself as very squeamish, but that particular multi-tasking combo put me off my toast. Consider yourself warned then that zombie dolls may not be for those with delicate sensibilities, or those with breakfasts to finish!
If you are in possession of a strong stomach — or you just need a little Halloween decor to spruce up your desk at work or your sofa at home — then enter this week's drawing for your choice of the top ten zombie plushie patterns! As always, to enter one of our weekly drawings we'll just need your comment below or on the corresponding Facebook post, and please do include your Spoonflower screen name or some other means of finding you in case you're our winner. We'll choose 3 winners this week, so your chances are better than usual! Entries close next Tuesday, 10/16 and we'll announce a winner on 10/17. Good luck, zombie fans!
Last week, we gave away a copy of a beautiful book all about the link between color and commerce, Regina Lee Blaszczyk's The Color Revolution. The winner was UK-based Emma Blight. Congrats, Emma!
Halloween is one of our favorite Spoonflower holidays, and — as regular voters know — plush toy patterns are one of our favorite contest challenges. So this week it gives us special pleasure to bring together softies and zombies for a zombie plush toy contest. Vote. Vote for your lives.
The participants this week are:
1. Abe Lincoln as the Zombie and
Vampire Killer by vo_aka_virginiao
tattooed zombie little boy by fantazya
3. Attack of
the Zombie by tailorjane
Zombie Doll by onestitchdesigns
Appetit my Love by paragonstudios
Zombie Shark (cut & sew) by leighr
Cute by saartje
zombie by sef
but yet sweet zombie doll by katarina