Who will take home the blue ribbon prize? Vote for your favorite entry in the Science Fair Design Challenge.
weekly design challenge
This week we asked designers to share their hopes and intentions for the new year. You’ll love browsing these funny and thoughtful designs.
A corrupt policeman and a down-and-out writer meet in a dark alley. It’s raining. A beautiful and mysterious woman holds an umbrella on the street corner. They’re waiting for something…
They’re waiting for you to pick the top designs in our Film Noir Design Challenge.
Halloween is a big deal at Spoonflower HQ. With so many crafty people under one roof, all we can talk about is what we’re going to be and how we’re going to make our costume. So you can imagine that the office is quite abuzz over the awesome designs in this week’s Design Challenge.
If you’re still scratching your head over what to wear on October 31st, look no further. This contest is chock-full of designs that will have the whole family (and even the dog!) trick-or-treating in style. From beautiful butterflies to mythical creatures to Asian dishes, Spoonflower designers have you covered, and then some
Here in North Carolina the sun is setting earlier and earlier and the nights are getting long. We haven’t quite reached the frosty temperatures of winter yet, and so it’s a perfect time to stretch out on a blanket in the yard and look at the stars. This week, designers created patterns inspired by the mighty constellations. Pick your favorite far-out pattern!
Summer is a special time for getting together with family and friends. Whether you’re on summer break or just enjoying the weekend sunshine, it’s a special treat to venture outside with your blanket and picnic basket in hand. This week’s designs celebrate the special elements of picnicking: food, nature, and those unexpected guests – bugs!
Stretching our new year-related themes into a second week, we’ve got just over
ninety zodiac fabrics up for voting. Which ones are you most compatible
with? Tell us by casting your votes so we can report back next week with
The participating fabric designers this week are:
1. Astrological signs of the zodiac
2. “Map” of our sky,
border by mariao
3. ‘What’s Your Sign?’ Zoom Zoom by
4. 12 Signs of the Zodiac by amy_g
5. Age of Aquarius by gamgirl45
6. All Together by domoshar
7. Aquarius Wave by shellyaloha
8. Aquarius, the Water Bearer (01)
9. aries by dariara
10. ARTBYLESChineseZodiac by artbyles
For the second time this year, San Diego-based textile designer Cheyanne Sammons steps onto the winning stage of our Fabric of the Week contest, this time with her cheerful “Flying Ace” design (her previous win came in the “What’s the New Owl” contest this past spring). Congratulations to her and to all the other participating designers in our aviation fabric contest!
The final voting results:
1. 488 votes for flying ace by cheyanne_sammons
2. 479 votes for candy sky by scrummy
3. 461 votes for Adventure Par Avion by spellstone
4. 440 votes for Aeronautical dreams by cjldesigns
5. 403 votes for Aviation Flotation by bzbdesigner
6. 365 votes for Sweet Dreams by kimsa
7. 362 votes for The Aeroplane Flies High by snailuna
8. 333 votes for A Nostalgic Voyage by licoricelove
9. 324 votes for Par Avion by jennartdesigns
10. 308 votes for balloons_map_pattern by lusyspoon
Just kidding about the Ultimate Fighting Fabric Design smackdown. Happy April Fool’s Day, everyone!