Here in North Carolina the sun is setting earlier and earlier and the nights are getting long. We haven’t quite reached the frosty temperatures of winter yet, and so it’s a perfect time to stretch out on a blanket in the yard and look at the stars. This week, designers created patterns inspired by the mighty constellations. Pick your favorite far-out pattern!
weekly design challenge
Summer is a special time for getting together with family and friends. Whether you’re on summer break or just enjoying the weekend sunshine, it’s a special treat to venture outside with your blanket and picnic basket in hand. This week’s designs celebrate the special elements of picnicking: food, nature, and those unexpected guests – bugs!
Stretching our new year-related themes into a second week, we’ve got just over
ninety zodiac fabrics up for voting. Which ones are you most compatible
with? Tell us by casting your votes so we can report back next week with
The participating fabric designers this week are:
1. Astrological signs of the zodiac
2. “Map” of our sky,
border by mariao
3. ‘What’s Your Sign?’ Zoom Zoom by
4. 12 Signs of the Zodiac by amy_g
5. Age of Aquarius by gamgirl45
6. All Together by domoshar
7. Aquarius Wave by shellyaloha
8. Aquarius, the Water Bearer (01)
9. aries by dariara
10. ARTBYLESChineseZodiac by artbyles
For the second time this year, San Diego-based textile designer Cheyanne Sammons steps onto the winning stage of our Fabric of the Week contest, this time with her cheerful “Flying Ace” design (her previous win came in the “What’s the New Owl” contest this past spring). Congratulations to her and to all the other participating designers in our aviation fabric contest!
The final voting results:
1. 488 votes for flying ace by cheyanne_sammons
2. 479 votes for candy sky by scrummy
3. 461 votes for Adventure Par Avion by spellstone
4. 440 votes for Aeronautical dreams by cjldesigns
5. 403 votes for Aviation Flotation by bzbdesigner
6. 365 votes for Sweet Dreams by kimsa
7. 362 votes for The Aeroplane Flies High by snailuna
8. 333 votes for A Nostalgic Voyage by licoricelove
9. 324 votes for Par Avion by jennartdesigns
10. 308 votes for balloons_map_pattern by lusyspoon
Just kidding about the Ultimate Fighting Fabric Design smackdown. Happy April Fool’s Day, everyone!
Vote for the next fabric of the week from six terrific new designs:
Above, we see (from left to right on each row):
- get thy jam on by Quinne Myers
- Wilson_wilkes_Creek_trial by Mindy Wilson
- MirroredFlowers#1 by Janet Handy
- fallbreeze by jen pepper, Brooklyn – NY
- frogpattern by Ian O’Phelan
- dandyflat by Amelia, Springfield – Oregon
Vote for your favorite.
Follow the results in real time here. Review the weekly contest rules and/or enter your own design here.
[Read more…] about Closest Contest Ever + Six New Designs!
Congratulations to Laurie Wisbrun, of Austin, whose lovely “Birdies On Chairs” (one version of it, at any rate) won this week’s contest. You can buy her fabric for the next week in the Spoonflower Etsy shop, and after that you’ll have to limit yourself to the fabulous items for sale in Laurie’s Etsy shop, Scarlet Fig.
The final tally on last week’s voting was as follows:
- “Cars” by Jessica Ojala: 190
- “Indigo_Dreams” by arpita pitroda: 219
- “Birdies on Chairs” by Laurie Wisbrun: 561
- “Monsters” by Cara Angelotta: 107
The choices this week include:
Clouds & stars by Stephanie Diederich
Be sure to vote this week.