As we here at Spoonflower head into the new year with a spring in our steps, we've decided to spend a little bit of time gazing into the rearview mirror at some of the memorable fabric-related statistics from 2011. It's been a great year for our little startup (which isn't nearly as little as it used to be) and an even better year for fabric design!
Top 10 Fabric of the Week Contest Winning Designs
As regular readers know, Spoonflower holds a weekly fabric design contest. Below are the top ten winners from the 2011 contests based on the percentages they earned of the overall vote total in each contest.
1. Festive Forest Tree Decorating – Advent Calendar by kayajoy from our Advent Calendar contest at the end of November.
5. Sure and Begorrah, it's leprechaun laundry day by vo_aka_virginiao from our Leprechaun contest in March.
7. Teach Your Children Well: A Toile for Tots by sammyk from our (memorable) challenge to draw a toile inspired by the Civil Rights movement last January.
Top 10 Fabric of the Week Contests of 2011
We thought we'd also add the top ten contests based on the total number of people who voted in each one. In some cases the number of voters is an indication of the grooviness of the theme itself, but in some cases it's also a byproduct of our general site popularity on any given week. The top ten fabric contests this year were:
- Project Selvage: Final Round, 5/4/11
- Alphabet, 4/20/11
- Breakfast, 3/2/11
- Kids' Contest, 6/29/11 (open to kids 12 and under only)
- Leprechauns, 3/16/11
- Maps, 3/30/11
- Plushie Pattern, 8/31/11
- Folk Tales, 5/25/11
- Rain, 4/13/11
- Ice Cream, 5/18/11
Happy New Year, everyone! We'll post a few 2011 top ten lists more lists this week, so stay tuned.