Gina is a printer operator here at Spoonflower known around the office for her clever innovations in the print room, love of Harry Potter, and fondness for dogs and tacos. You may have even seen her signature on one of your Spoonflower pack slips. Get to know the gal behind your printed fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap!
The first thing I want you to know about me is:
I care so much about pretty much everything. The only things in life I’m lukewarm about are vegetables (except kale, kale is the worst), sports that are not football or basketball (love one, hate the other, you decide which is which), and ACDC. [Read more…] about 12 Questions for Printer Operator Gina J
The Painting Design Challenge has been our most popular one yet! It’s the last week of challenges for January, but get ready because our February design challenges with Bucketfeet are sure to be amazing. This week the top 11 (there was a tie for number 10!) are all stunners, featuring gorgeous paint strokes that pay homage to one of our favorite artistic hobbies: painting. A big round of applause is in order for Dutch design champion Heleen_vd_thillart and her lovely birds painting their feathers blue! Check out the entire top 11 and shop the winners on fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap.
1. 276 votes for Birds painting their feathers blue by heleen_vd_thillart
2. 272 votes for watercolour garden by cjldesigns
3. 265 votes for Bee eater design challenge by mister-moon
4. 258 votes for elegant tropical watercolor florals by laurawrightstudio
5. 244 votes for Watercolor Midnight Garden by honoluludesign
6. 237 votes for Paint by bonifi
7. 229 votes for Large Watercolor Floral on Pink by taylor_bates
8. 220 votes for GardenOfBlue by bethschneider
9. 211 votes for Painting Green Waves by themadcraftduckie
10. 208 (number 10 tie) votes for Watercolor flowers by nadiianemchenko
11. 208 (number 10 tie) votes for Mixed Media by susan_polston [Read more…] about Announcing the Winners of our Painting Design Challenge
Not just for “grannies” and Victorian-era ladies anymore, needlepoint has made a comeback in recent years (even Taylor Swift needlepoints!) — and we’re so glad it has! For National Hobby Month, we wanted to spend some time paying homage to one of our favorite past times, needlepoint with a design challenge. Congratulations to Elena Naylor with her gorgeous Embroidered Flowers design. Elena will receive $200 in Spoonflower credit. The 2nd place winner, Amy of Pennycandy will receive $100 in Spoondollars, and the 3rd place winner C-hawk studios will receive $50 in Spoondollars. The rest of the top 10 winners will receive $20 in Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly voted designs (provided the designers are already verified sellers) will be automatically made available for sale in the Marketplace where they will receive 10% commission on every sale — no $5.00 swatch required. Shop the entire the winners here!
1. 343 votes for Embroidered flowers by elena_naylor
2. 267 votes for Fauxboro (Jackie Blue) by pennycandy
3. 257 votes for Botanical Sampler by c-hawk_studios
4. 231 votes for Stitch Sampler by gracesutherland
5. 227 votes for Stitched Garden by susan_polston
6. 220 votes for Sashiko stitching by lauraflorencedesign
7. 216 votes for Embroidered flower pattern on creme by heleen_vd_thillart
8. 215 votes for Floral Needlepoint in soft pastels by suzytaylordesigns
9. 192 votes for Mexican Embroidery Sampler by pinky_wittingslow
10. 184 votes for Needlepoint / Hand Embroidery by matite [Read more…] about Announcing the Needlepoint Design Challenge Winners
Marlo is Spoonflower’s beloved VP of Human Resources. Her office always smells amazing, she loves cats, the color purple, and we’d be lost without her! Marlo took some time to answer our 12 questions. Get to know her, won’t you?
The first thing I want you to know about me is:
I love my husband and kids, but one day I want to resume my cat lady lifestyle. I met my husband when I was 35 and he likes to posit that he saved me from becoming a cat lady. He can think that if he wants to, but I was very happy living with just my cats in my clean house. When I retire, I plan to have a cat sanctuary out in the country for all the stray and unloved cats and I will fund it with my multi-million dollar lottery winnings. [Read more…] about 12 Questions for VP of Human Resources: Marlo
To celebrate National Hobby Month, each week we’re launching a design challenge that’s inspired by a creative hobby. Congrats to this week’s winner, Bianca Pozzi of Brazil for her lovely, hand painted yarn design! Every good crochet, knitting, weaving, and tapestry project begins with yarn, and sometimes good surface designs do, too! Bianca and the rest of the top 10 will take home Spoonflower credit to enable their creative hobbies. Shop all of the top 10 here.
1. 370 votes for We Love Yarn by biancapozzi
2. 321 votes for Maritime Yarn by graceful
3. 317 votes for yarns by lisahilda
4. 302 votes for Unwind A Little by jmcmullen
5. 288 votes for Yarn and Kitty’s by bora
6. 278 votes for KnittinKitten by elystrations
7. 269 votes for Yarn by kellie_jayne_
8. 261 votes for Sheepishly she knits yarn leggings by vo_aka_virginiao
9. 253 votes for Candy Yarn Bomb Night by cynthiafrenette
10. 243 votes for What Granny taught me. by abbieuproot [Read more…] about Yarn Design Challenge Winners
So — you’ve gone through all the hard work of creating a design and that’s great, but you’re not done yet! It still needs to repeat. A fun feature of Spoonflower is that you can set up your preferences on scale and repeat for each type of product (fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap). An image can be large scale for fabric and then smaller scale for gift wrap. We also offer 5 different types (basic, half-drop, half-brick, mirrored and centered) of repeats that let you use one simple element to create a fabulous design. Let’s go over each one.
This is an example of the basic repeat, which will be the default repeat on the design when you first upload it to your Spoonflower account. [Read more…] about 12 Days of Design: Day 9 Discover Repeats