With the recent launch of the new Lightweight Cotton Twill and NASA’s release of these awesome vintage space tourism posters to the public domain, we saw it as a perfect opportunity to create some custom space-themed wall art canvases. The new Lightweight Cotton Twill prints vibrant colors and has enough stretch to mimic canvas (plus it’s only $26/yd!) and each poster was less than $20 including materials! Read on for the full how-to.
The very first books in a child’s life hold so much importance and sentimental value. If one of those books can be soft, cuddly, and educational– well what could be better than that? Today, Jennifer Wambach stops by the blog to show us how to design and make an adorable cut-and-sew cloth book using basic design skills and custom-printed fabric.
Mumbojumbo’s Retro rockets were the crowd favorite in this week’s contest. The top ten fabric designs span centuries (or maybe millennia?), from the golden age of space travel to futuristic scenes from distant galaxies. Check ’em out!
1. 434 votes for Retro rockets by mumbojumbo
2. 430 votes for Vintage Toy Rockets by lisakubenez
3. 405 votes for Red Planet Project Plan by spellstone
4. 378 votes for Magical Universe by christinewitte
5. 347 votes for ROCKET_MAN_ohnmarwin by ohn_mar
6. 332 votes for Rocket dogs by bora
7. 321 votes for Control_Panel by michelesworkshop
8. 297 votes for toy_rockets by katesbeads
9. 284 votes for Space voyage by yuliussdesign_com
10. 277 votes for Planet Earth is blue by misslife
This contest is out of this world. Let the Spoonflower designers take you on a ride through the solar system and vote for your favorite rocket fabrics!