If the name ‘Scrummy’ sounds familiar, that’s because it is. Nottingham, UK resident Sharon Turner, or scrummy as known in the Spoonflower Marketplace, has been a Spoonflower designer for the past seven years and a creative maker for even longer. “Growing up, whenever anyone asked me what I was working on, I’d say ‘something scrummy’ (short for scrumptious). I was always drawing, painting, sewing, crocheting, making paperweights, just about anything crafty and colourful. I used to make soft furnishings and jewellery before designing full time. So ‘Scrummy Things‘ worked well as a business name.” We’re thrilled to have Sharon visiting us on the blog today, so let’s dig right in!
My day starts with:
“Much coffee. Emails and Facebook. Then about 5 or 6 movies. I can’t work listening to music as I end up bopping around, so it’s pretty much back to back horror and sci-fi. As a general rule, the scarier the movie, the cuter the design.”
Sharon Turner, Scrummy in the Markteplace, wowed the crowd this week with her winning design, Retro Circus, in the Retro Circus Limited Color Palette Operation Shower® challenge! Sharon will receive $200 in Spoonflower credit and the opportunity to see her design used for the decor at Operation Shower’s August baby shower. A round of applause is also in order for second place (heatherdutton) and third place (camcreative) winners. They will receive $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. Shop the entire top 25 in our curated collection.
1. 294 votes for retro circus bw col by scrummy
2. 229 votes for Circus Celebration – Navy Blue by heatherdutton
3. 225 votes for Circus royal by camcreative
4. 223 votes for Circus Tickets by digidivagraphics
5. 222 votes for Joyful_Circus by plante
6. 213 votes for Big Top Circus retro by heleen_vd_thillart
7. 206 votes for Circus Animals Aloose! by vo_aka_virginiao
8. 199 votes for Retro Circus by hazel_fisher_creations
9. 194 votes for Circus Fun by lioriel
10. 178 votes for Sundays & Sideshows by ravenous [Read more…] about Announcing the Retro Circus Limited Color Palette Design Challenge Winners
We're 10 days into the #SFDesignADay SpoonChallenge! Today's design prompt is brought to you by Sharon Turner (aka Scrummy), an avid Spoonflower Marketplace contributor with a knack for Steampunk designs.