The 1920s brought about the birth of the Jazz Age, iconic dance moves and the inspiration for this week’s Art Deco Large Scale Design Challenge. With streamlined symmetry and classic luxury in mind, designers went large scale as entries were previewed on one of Roostery’s newest products, the Wyandotte Duvet Cover. This flashy occasion calls for nothing short of a standing ovation for grand prize winner hannahshields, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design, Deco Lace. Respect and admiration goes out to second place (lilalunis) and third place (wildnotions) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. See more classic looks in the top ten.
In celebration of Roostery’s recent bedding launch, we’re thinking B-I-G for our weekly design challenge! From deconstructed pops of color to fragments of dispersed light, designers were asked to create a large scale fragmentation design that would be the perfect addition to bedroom decor. Congratulations to grand prize winner mintedtulip, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design, Large Gemstone Fragmentation. We’re also sharing the love with second place (scrummy) and third place (juliesfabrics) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. Learn more about this special design challenge and see the entire top ten here.
1. 239 votes for Large Gemstone Fragmentation by mintedtulip
2. 188 votes for BROKEN large by scrummy
3. 178 votes for Fragmented Fox Horizontal yard by juliesfabrics
4. 176 votes for Moonlight Story (White) by boissindesign
5. 176 votes for pattern_large_scale_fragmentation by kostolom3000
6. 171 votes for Gold Fragments by heatherhightdesign
7. 169 votes for Sunlight on Water by vo_aka_virginiao
8. 167 votes for Waterfall M+M Navy Blue by Friztin by friztin
9. 163 votes for Poppies_Alive_LS by wildflowerfabrics
10. 158 votes for Fractal Flutter – Navy Dreams Extra Large Scale by heatherdutton [Read more…] about Announcing the Large Scale Fragmentation Challenge Winners
After seeing this week’s Farm to Tea Towel design challenge entries, it’s no secret the Spoonflower community enjoys their daily dose of fruits and veggies! It gives us great pleasure to congratulate FIRST-TIME design challenge grand prize winner, jacquelinehurd, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design Farm to Table. We also want to celebrate second place (cynthiafrenette) and third place (solnca_lych) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. Ready for another serving of leafy greens? Then check out the rest of the top ten here, or let Roostery help you make the perfect gift for your favorite farmer by turning this week’s designs into ready-made tea towels, no sewing required!
1. 291 votes for Farm to Table by jacquelinehurd
2. 268 votes for Fresh from the Farmer’s Market by cynthiafrenette
3. 246 votes for Autumn harvest and hares teatowel by solnca_lych
4. 244 votes for Farm Fresh by lucindawei
5. 243 votes for Let food be thy medicine tea towel by natalia_gonzalez
6. 232 votes for Farmer’s Market Tea Towel by jill_o_connor
7. 224 votes for GardenVeggies_Repeat by joypaton
8. 221 votes for Watercolor carrot repeat by adenaj
9. 204 votes for homegrown by studiojenny
10. 203 votes for Fall Farmers Market by sarah_knight [Read more…] about Announcing the Farm to Tea Towel Design Challenge Winners
Did you know that the average person spends approximately 230,000 hours of their life in-bed? With so much time spent in your home’s most sacred space, designing a tranquil and truly comfortable bedroom catered to your own personal style is an absolute must. That’s why we’re thrilled to introduce the new all-natural 100% cotton sateen Bedding Collection from our sister brand, Roostery. With endless design options, Roostery offers duvet covers, sheet sets and pillow shams (Euro and standard) allowing you to restyle your bedroom with unique and sophisticated Spoonflower designs. Our favorite key feature is that Roostery’s customizable bedding allows you to mix and match prints, resulting in a one-of-a-kind look that you will not find anywhere else. Keep reading to find out more about this exciting new product and debunk a bedding myth or two along the way.
There are so many family traditions we look forward to during the holiday season, but the front-runners are often the family recipes that get passed down generation after generation, year after year. With so many delicious submissions for this week’s Family Recipe design challenge, it looks like we all may have a few more dishes to add to our dinner tables this year! Compliments to grand prize winner, heleen_vd_thillart who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her family favorite, Lemon Meringue Pie. We also want to congratulate second place (jill_o_connor) and third place (hollybender) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. If you’re still hungry (like we are), check out the top ten blue-ribbon recipes!
No time to DIY? Order your Family Recipe Tea Towels through our sister brand, Roostery. No sewing required!
1. 354 votes for Lemon Meringue Pie recipe tea towel by heleen_vd_thillart
2. 296 votes for Strawberry Jam Recipe Tea Towel by jill_o_connor
3. 235 votes for Hard Boiled Eggs by hollybender
4. 232 votes for MAJA_SwedPan by maja_a
5. 230 votes for Bean Salad Recipe by esthermols
6. 226 votes for Grandmas Oatmeal Choc. Chip Cookies by thestorysmith
7. 225 votes for fried rice by kfay
8. 222 votes for Grandma’s Trifle by cjldesigns
9. 220 votes for Baileys Hot Chocolate FQ Teatowel by thepeachtree
10. 212 votes for Handmade Pizza Recipe Tea Towel by heatherdutton [Read more…] about Announcing the Family Recipe Design Challenge Winners
The season of abundant tradition is upon us, and Spoonflower community traditions are no exception. For this week’s 2018 Tea Towel Calendar challenge, designers are welcoming the new year under every imaginable theme possible. Congratulations to grand prize winner, cjldesigns, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her whimsical design, In the Woods. We also want to send a cheery acknowledgment to second place (nadja_petremand) and third place (jill_o_connor) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. Check out the top ten winning calendar designs!
No time to DIY? Order your 2018 Calendar Tea Towel through our sister brand, Roostery. No sewing required!
1. 400 votes for In the woods 2018 teatowel calendar by cjldesigns
2. 382 votes for A_la_montagne by nadja_petremand
3. 326 votes for 2018 Woodland Block Print Calendar by jill_o_connor
4. 318 votes for Birdsong 2018 Calendar Tea Towel by ceciliamok
5. 311 votes for Kitchen Friends 2018 by anda
6. 298 votes for Cups! 2018 tea towel calendar by sarahparr
7. 279 votes for Swedish_teatowel by la_fabriken
8. 273 votes for 2018 Calendar Doggie Coffee and Tea Time by selmacardoso
9. 272 votes for 2018 It’s Good to be Home Rooster Calendar by groovity
10. 264 votes for BLOOM & GROW 2018 CALENDAR TEA TOWEL by ruth_hickson [Read more…] about Announcing the 2018 Tea Towel Calendar Design Challenge Winners
We’re getting a jump-start on the holidays with a month of design challenges highlighting your go-to gift of the season, tea towels! Whether you’re doing the hemming yourself or leaving it to the experts over at Roostery, the season wouldn’t be complete without a few new tea towels added to your kitchen collection. Like last year’s challenge, all designs made available for sale in the four tea towel challenges will also automatically be previewed on Roostery’s Special Edition Spoonflower Tea Towel.
Jump ahead to learn more about the ins and outs of formatting your entry to ensure a picture-perfect preview!
2018 Tea Towel Calendar | Results Announced October 5
Ring in the new year with a favorite Spoonflower design tradition: Tea Towel Calendars. Celebrate 2018 (the year of the dog!) with a tea towel calendar design for the new year ahead. Need a little design kick-start? Find a 2018 calendar template here!* Entries will be submitted at the Linen Cotton Canvas fat quarter size (27″ wide x 18” high, landscape orientation) but previewed during voting as a Spoonflower Special Edition Tea Towel (16″ wide x 24″ high, portrait orientation). Submissions close September 26, 2017 at 3 p.m. eastern daylight time. Voting begins September 28, 2017. See official rules.
*This is also a great time to upload a revision on your 2017 calendars for the new year or move them to the private setting.
Happy Lunar New Year! According to Chinese zodiac, 2017 is the year of the rooster, more specifically the “Fire Rooster” which only comes around once every 60 years. Roosters are thought to be the “time keepers,” signaling when to start the day. They are the ambitious early risers, the hard working feathered friends of the zodiac. At Spoonflower, we feel 2017 is going to shape up to be the year of Roostery — our new sister brand that brings custom fabric to finished home goods. Today Kate from the Roostery team is stopping by the blog to share some of her favorite rooster themed Roostery products! Because what could be better than coming home to roost in a house full of rooster themed designs from Roostery? Okay now that was a tongue twister…
The holidays are hands down our favorite time of the year. Fall is in the air, and with it, the smell of bonfires, sugary treats, and spiced drinks. But the holidays also brings in-laws, relatives, and more than a little bit of pressure if you’re the chosen host for the feasts and festivities. So we’ve assembled 9 examples of breathtaking table décor to help you beat holiday hosting anxiety. With these as inspiration, you can’t lose!
- Floridian tablescape with a tropical color palette