A handmade Halloween wouldn’t be complete without the appearance of pumpkins! Decorate your stoop with festive fabric pumpkins made in Cypress Cotton Canvas, Petal Signature Cotton™ or another woven cotton. Make and stack a few in multiple sizes and designs for added effect. The best thing about this DIY project? Unlike real pumpkins, once the trick-or-treaters are gone, you can store these pumpkins in the attic for next year!
The winner of our contest to design patterns for Jack O 'Lantern-themed plushie toys and pillows is longtime Spoonflower member, but first-time winner, Michelle Cavigliano, an illustrator from Brooklyn, New York. Her terrific Cutie-Cat Pumpkin pillow pattern won the most votes this time around — congratulations, Michelle! We actually managed to sew nine of the top ten in time for our weekly missive, so be sure to check the photos on our Facebook page. It's starting to be the time of year when you can't resist the urge to curl up with a nice, soft gourd, so you're fortunate that all of the top ten patterns are now available for sale!
The voting results were:
1. 739 votes for Cutie-Cat Pumpkin Pillows by my_zoetrope
2. 694 votes for Trick Or Treat Candy Sorter Plushie by sammyk
3. 664 votes for Jack o' lantern and his best friends by bora
4. 637 votes for Dress up your Jack o'lantern by verycherry
5. 601 votes for Pumpkin Skellie (Click to see sewn sample) by happysewlucky
6. 547 votes for Creepy Pillow by purplegoat
7. 481 votes for Happy Plush-o-ween! by jennartdesigns
8. 473 votes for pumpkinbanner by suziwollman
9. 444 votes for Quilter's Jack-O-Lantern by mrshervi
10. 388 votes for Jack'o'Lantern plushie hat-mask kit (with treat bag) by majo_bv