Congratulations to first-time Fabric Of the Week winner Kezia, the Manchester, UK designer who won the most votes in our contest to design a fabric inspired by a specific poem. Her lovely "In the Forest Blue" fabric arose from an Oscar Wilde poem:
In the Forest by Oscar Wilde
Out of the mid-wood's twilight
Into the meadow's dawn,
Ivory limbed and brown-eyed,
Flashes my Faun!
He skips through the copses singing,
And his shadow dances along,
And I know not which I should follow,
Shadow or song!
O Hunter, snare me his shadow!
O Nightingale, catch me his strain!
Else moonstruck with music and madness
I track him in vain!
Whether you prefer fawns or fauns, this fabric design is beautiful. Well done, Kezia!
The final results:
1. 635 votes for In the Forest Blue by kezia
2. 585 votes for 'In Flanders Fields' – John McCrae by sammyk
3. 523 votes for Floating Across the Tops of Cities by leighr
4. 474 votes for Ode To The Sea by noaleco
5. 456 votes for The Hidden Paw (based on T.S. Eliot's "Macavity, the Mystery Cat") by ceanirminger
6. 442 votes for Enter This Deserted House by cynthiafrenette
7. 439 votes for nevermore by kec19
8. 423 votes for my country by rabble
9. 408 votes for Quoth The Raven by poetryqn
10. 376 votes for LoveBirds (small) by corinnevail