Earlier this year we partnered with the party planning experts at Black Twine during the Off to the Horse Races design challenge to help us find the perfect patterns for a derby inspired party styled by Cherry Blossom Events. After seeing Cherry Blossom’s Earth Day celebration, we knew they’d make the winning designs come to life. See the complete party blueprint here (you’ll find everything you need to recreate the look) and be sure to review our five tips below before you start planning your next celebration.
Off to the Horse Races
This week we’re heading to the race tracks with the party planning experts at Black Twine for our Off to the Horse Races design challenge. A celebratory weekend at the track wouldn’t be complete without iconic cocktails like mint juleps, larger-than-life hats, roses and of course, horses! All contestants did an exceptional job making for a tight edge-of-your-seat race. Congratulations to grand prize winner sarah_treu, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design, Run for the Roses. Close on her heels are finalists in second place (friztin) and third place (heavenstobetsydesign) who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. Not ready for the party to be over? Tip your hat to the entire top ten collection of runners up.
Sarah’s winning design (and a few others from the top 25!) will be featured in a special derby-themed party package styled by our friends at Black Twine as a bonus for this week’s design challenge.
1. 257 votes for Run for the Roses by sarah_treu
2. 255 votes for On the Loose! M+M Tan by Friztin by friztin
3. 236 votes for Derby Day FINAL-01 by heavenstobetsydesign
4. 227 votes for horseraces by gaiamarfurt
5. 215 votes for The horsey set by skbird
6. 203 votes for racing silks by scrummy
7. 202 votes for Dreaming by fernlesliestudio
8. 198 votes for Off to the Horse Races by wickedrefined
9. 191 votes for Off to the Races by oliveandruby
10. 175 votes for Off To The Horse Races Challenge by karendel [Read more…] about Announcing The Off to the Horse Races Design Challenge Winners