All aboard! Meet Barbara, Operations Specialist and Spoonflower employee of just over two fun-filled years. Not only is Barbara one of the most positive and hard-working people we know, she’s also a designer with a true passion for all things nautical and blue. Join us as we set sail on the deep sea and get to know one of Spoonflower’s design savvy teammates in our next Meet Spoonflower interview.
The first thing I want you to know about me is:
“Designing is the JOY of my life. I love creating new fabric designs!”
In our closest Fabric Of the Week contest ever, Lisa Mirella's "Electronic Castaways" design has defeated Cean Irminger's "Shy Ness" monster by exactly one vote. Whew. Given current events in the Gulf of Mexico, it might have been appropriate to photograph the nautical winner with an oil stain seeping across the fabric… but that would have been a downer, no?
All of the nautical designs were lots of fun. Thanks to the participating creatives. Final tally:
1. 664 votes for Electronic
Castaways by milktooth
2. 663 votes for Shy Ness by ceanirminger
3. 549 votes for petits-bateaux by
4. 503 votes for sea-treasures by maruqui
5. 453 votes for boatv3 by laurenhunt
6. 441 votes for Little Boats by
7. 420 votes for medusa by mariacabo
8. 333 votes for sealifesf by jevaart
9. 330 votes for Ocean Ripple by poetryqn
10. 329 votes for The Octopus by corvus