Working behind the scenes at Spoonflower, we get a unique peek at what trends have caught the eyes and hearts of the designer community based on what they’re uploading to the Marketplace. We’ve seen three styles grow in popularity and today we’ve rounded up a few designs to highlight their versatility. Whether you use them to kickstart your creativity for designing or as a starting point for your next DIY project, today’s picks are sure to inspire.
mid century modern
Before the iconic Rainbow Tower was built, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort was full of thatched roof guest rooms and tiki culture was thriving! This week’s challenge gave a nod to the mod and the iconic beach culture at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. A big congratulations is in order for design challenge winner, mia_valdez! She captured the vintage tiki culture with her winning design, Hawaiian Village! Mia will be packing her bags and enjoying (2) 5-night stays at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort plus $1,000 towards her airfare! Her wining design will also be manufactured as shirts for employees, shirts for sale in the gift shop, and assorted other sundries and accessories plus a $200 Spoondollar credit to top it off! A congratulations is also in order for the 2nd place winner, vinpauld, and the 3rd place winner, heleen_vd_thillart, who will receive $100 and $50 in Spoondollars, respectively.The rest of the top 10 winners will receive $20 in Spoondollar credit. See all of the top 10 winners.
1. 322 votes for Hawaiian Village by mia_valdez
2. 310 votes for Mid Century Hawaiian by vinpauld
3. 310 votes for Hawaiian Village Mid-Century orange by heleen_vd_thillart
4. 308 votes for Island Tiki by heatherdutton
5. 306 votes for UKULELE ALOHA: Island breeze by bzbdesigner
6. 247 votes for no keia hau (Blue and Green) by pennycandy
7. 245 votes for Mid Century Modern Tiki Time by heather_anderson
8. 243 votes for Mid Mod Tiki by liz_sawyer_design
9. 231 votes for Mid-Century_Modern_Hawaiian_Village by jennifer_geldard
10. 229 votes for Mid Century Modern Hawaii by fernlesliestudio [Read more…] about Announcing the Mid-Century Modern Hilton Hawaiian Village Design Challenge Winners
In the newest edition of our Meet the Designer series, today we introduce to you Patricia Donovan (Chickoteria), an artist who captures the vintage designs and color palettes from her home base of Nashville, Tennessee. Keep reading to see what inspires this Spoonflower designer!