When you think of pizza, what comes to mind? Gooey cheese? Endless amounts of toppings?…Spoonflower wallpaper?
When local pizza trailer ( yes, that’s a thing in Durham!) Pie Pushers began planning the opening of their first store-front location in downtown Durham, they reached out to Spoonflower with a unique custom printing idea. While we knew this partnership would be the perfect blend of design, community support, and lots of creativity, we were mostly focused on one thing…pizza.
With the help of Spoonflower’s smooth wallpaper, learn how owner’s Mike Hacker and Becky Cascio transformed the two shop restrooms from blah to pi-zza!
With customers all over the globe, Spoonflower loves collaborating with our friends overseas but when we have the opportunity to help our North Carolina neighbors, we jump at the chance! This past week, Spoonflower employees came together for an employee sew-in to make blankets for our neighbors at the Inter-Faith Council for Social Service.
Last week's contest challenge required designers to create Toile de Jouy fabrics inspired by the histories of the places where they live. The top ten offer a world tour as well as a set of mini-history lessons, with toiles de Brooklyn (NY), Chattanooga (TN), Haarlemmermeer (Netherlands), Paris, Tilba (Australia), Le Roy (NY), Riverside (CA), and Yosano (Japan). For the second week in a row, however, the winner is a Belgian designer (we erred in last week's newsletter when we wrote that Zesti was Dutch). Cally, of Forest&Sea, won the most votes with her fascinating "Medieval Woodcut" toile depicting Brugge, Belgium. Lovely work!
The final tally:
1. 586 votes for A Medieval Woodcut – Brugge by forest&sea
2. 508 votes for Brooklyn Landmarks Toile – Aqua by carcamella
3. 449 votes for Chattanooga Toile by chickoteria
4. 422 votes for Haarlemmermeer Toile de Jouy by chameleonfire
5. 420 votes for Paris sera toujours Paris… by mouchette
6. 409 votes for ABC_Cheese_Tilba_toile__blue-bone_ by pavlova_is
7. 387 votes for Le Roy, NY Toile by jennartdesigns
8. 369 votes for The Eastern Shore of Virginia, a history in toile by ceanirminger
9. 357 votes for Riverside ~ Arts and Innovation by vo_aka_virginiao
10. 351 votes for Yosano Toile – Red by siya