Leaves! Crunching under our shoes, floating above our heads on a morning walk, littering our yards and leaving ghosted stamps on the sidewalk. There’s no denying that lovely leaves are piling up all around us right now! Here at Spoonflower HQ, it seems like every time we open the office door, a pile of leaves blows right in with us. Why not embrace it and let this abundant resource become inspiration for your next project? Spoonflower crew member Theresa is stopping by the blog today to bring you five beautiful craft projects featuring leaves. Let’s jump in!
For the fabric design challenge this week we asked participants to take items they might find in nature and then to create a fabric design based on scanning the objects. There were loads of interesting fabrics among the entries, as well as some surprising takes on the challenge. The surprises included this week's winner, by Jenimp, in which she took bits of leaves, made adorable creatures out of them by gluing them to paper, and then scanned them. The result is some very cute fabric that would look just perfect on our organic cotton sateen. Congrats, Jeni!
The final voting results:
1. 544 votes for Leif's Zoo by jenimp
2. 504 votes for Big Bang Bloom! by francine
3. 405 votes for Plant Collection by iota1617
4. 391 votes for pressed flowers by lauram
5. 380 votes for les feuilles mortes by grenouille
6. 367 votes for Samarra's Samaras by sammyk
7. 363 votes for ginko_leaf_print by honey_lane
8. 361 votes for Something wrong in the forest? by annosch
9. 361 votes for locust4b by snuss
10. 359 votes for Peacoquette by sarahwalden