Once September 1st hits, fabric, craft, and home goods stores start to stock their shelves with holiday wares. Whether you love it or hate it, seeing holiday stockings for sale when it’s still warm outside will never not be weird for us at Spoonflower HQ in Durham, NC. This year, we’re taking a different approach: making our own! This project can be done using 1 yard of fabric (this is a great Fill-a-Yard™ project!), takes no time at all, and will have friends and family members begging for your DIY secret. Whether you tell them (or make them one) is up to you. Download your free pattern and let’s get started!
With Thanksgiving just around the corner for many of us, it’s time to start planning ahead for the holiday season–and that means decorations. If you have kids, you know that this time of year is challenging because you want to keep your little ones engaged and occupied (especially if they’re on holiday break) while also accomplishing your decorating tasks. Never fear: we’ve assembled a list of 15 easy DIY ornaments & crafts you can make with your kids. Keep them busy, create some fun memories that will last for years to come, and get your house decorated at the same time. A win-win-win, if you ask us. Let’s jump in!
1. Holiday family newsletter ornaments
2. Cut and sew gnome ornaments
Cut & Sew Finnish Elves | Mirkahokkanen on Spoonflower
Not sure what to make for your loved ones this year? Well fear not, because we’ve got you covered with a gift idea for everyone on your list. Show your favorite people how much you care with these sweet and simple handmade holiday gifts that are sure to put you on everyone’s “nice” list this year!
Save this image to Pinterest for easy access when you need it!
We are so thrilled to be gathering with friends and family this week to celebrate the abundance of the season and give thanks. Whether you’re hosting a feast in the coming weeks or thinking up a thank you gift for your hosts, these handmade holiday decorations and fabrics are sure to add a special touch to the occasion.
This Turkey Tea Towel by Wild Olive is sure to delight any host who’s spent the day in the kitchen.
Really Retro Kitchen by LittleRhodyDesign is the perfect homage to the tools that make any feast great!
1. 494 votes for Christmas Ornaments by honeycombdesignstudio
2. 416 votes for Ornaments on Craft Paper by kirsten_sevig
3. 414 votes for Forest ornaments by vo_aka_virginiao
4. 383 votes for Tis The Season 05 by amel24
5. 374 votes for Tree Sparkles by katerhees
6. 371 votes for Oldschool Ornaments by christinewitte
7. 348 votes for branches with ornaments by wren_leyland
8. 332 votes for A Retro Christmas! by pattyryboltdesigns
9. 332 votes for Woodland Christmas Ornaments by sheri_mcculley
10. 329 votes for Christmas Baubles in Pink by oliveandruby
The holiday season is quickly approaching and we wanted to send a friendly reminder to designers to make their designs for sale on gift wrap! Be sure to double check these important steps:
- Is the Design Size correct? It may be useful to make designs a bit smaller to be better suited for all gift sizes. Your design will default to 150 DPI.
- Is the Repeat correct? If your design is available for sale on fabric as a half-drop or another repeat style, it will default to basic repeat.
When we announced last week that Free Shipping Day would be held Nov. 17th, we made a mistake. We failed to calculate how difficult the long shipping times would make it for us to get fabric ordered on Free Shipping Day to the other side of the world in time for Christmas.
So today (Thursday, Nov. 10th for us, but Friday, Nov. 11th for Australians) we’re holding a special, secret, EARLY Free Shipping Day for customers from a small handful of our favorite places, including:
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
This special Free Shipping Day will take place on November 10th/11th exactly a week earlier than our official day. It applies to our standard shipping option only.
The free shipping discount will appear automatically when you select one of the three countries listed above as the destination in the country field of your shopping cart (during the 24 hours of the promotion only). Because this is a special event limited to a small number of countries (those with our longest shipping times), an explanation of this promotion will not appear anywhere else on the Spoonflower site.
By way of reference for time zones, our Early Free Shipping Day will take place as follows:
- Tokyo: Thu, Nov 10 10:00 PM- Fri 10:00 PM
- Sydney: Thu, Nov 10 11:59PM – Fri 11::59 PM
- Auckland: Fri, Nov 11 2:00 AM – Sat 2:00 AM
Please keep in mind that when using national postal services — as we do with standard shipping — we simply cannot guarantee that your fabric will arrive before Dec. 25th. If you have a hard deadline, it’s probably best to choose the guaranteed delivery shipping option, which is not free — but much more reliable.
Last but not least, if you miss our special, early Free Shipping Day, you can still take advantage of our regular Free Shipping Day next week. No worries.