For this week’s challenge, designers have outdone themselves in the design test kitchen with their freshly baked gingerbread patterns just in time for the holiday season. We promise you’ll want to sample them all! Compliments to grand prize winner gaiamarfurt, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design, Gingerbread-Blue. We’re also applauding second place (cynthiafrenette) and third place (scrummy) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. Get sweet and find your favorite gumdrop gingerbread in the top ten.
1. 495 votes for gingerbread-blue by gaiamarfurt
2. 476 votes for Gingerbread Forest by cynthiafrenette
3. 412 votes for gingerbread town by scrummy
4. 382 votes for Gingerbread snowflakes / Christmas flowers by matite
5. 367 votes for Gingerbread Dreams – Aqua by heatherdutton
6. 358 votes for Gingerbread Snowflakes by torysevas
7. 354 votes for I Love Gingerbread ©Kirsten Katz by kirstenkatz
8. 351 votes for woodland gingerbread – black by mirabelleprint
9. 338 votes for Gingerbread Christmas Treats by run_quiltgirl_run
10. 301 votes for Gingerbread Tiles by jennifer_todd [Read more…] about Announcing the Gingerbread Design Challenge Winners
Has anyone else noticed a trend of pastel colored holiday decorations making an appearance this time of year? Long gone are the days of just red and green! Today we’re excited to welcome the original pastel Christmas Queen herself, Lindsey Bonnice, the creator of the whimsical world of Live Sweet. You may remember the Organic Sweet Pea Gauze™ swaddle blankets Lindsey shared this spring, but today, she’s visiting the blog to share a DIY project just in time for your holiday celebrations. If you’ve been looking for a new addition to your handmade holiday but with a twist, Lindsey’s DIY fleece gingerbread bunting is just the project you need! With this easy no-sew project, you can have your gingerbread bunting finished and on display in under an hour!