Everybody’s been buzzing about Tiffany Heiger’s winning design: Honey Bee Hexagon! Tiffany hails from Delaware, USA, and this is her second Design Challenge win. Tiffany will receive $200 in Spoonflower credit. The 2nd place winner, Groovity, will receive $100 in Spoondollars. The 3rd place winner, Scrummy, will receive $50 in Spoondollars. The rest of the top 10 winners will receive $20 in Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly voted designs (provided the designers are already verified sellers) will be automatically made available for sale in the Marketplace where they will receive 10% commission on every sale — no $5.00 swatch required! Next week, designers get to take a break as we run our annual tradition of a Spoonflower Employee Design Challenge! Vote now. [Read more…] about Announcing the Winners of our Hexagon Design Challenge
Congrats are in order for Julies Fabrics, who will be taking home the grand prize this week! Julie will receive $200 in Spoonflower credit. The 2nd place winner, Camcreative, will receive $100 in Spoondollars. The 3rd place winner, Virginia O, will receive $50 in Spoondollars. The rest of the top 10 winners will receive $20 in Spoonflower credit. Give them all a round of applause, and shop them here!
1. 314 votes for Geodesic Skies by juliesfabrics
2. 308 votes for Geodesic dome pattern by camcreative
3. 246 votes for Save Our Geodesic Polar Bears! by vo_aka_virginiao
4. 241 votes for geodesic scallop – glass by katielee
5. 234 votes for Geodesic Artichokes by sarah_treu
6. 224 votes for dreamsphere by scrummy
7. 219 votes for SOON! Geodesic in Slate Blue by Friztin by friztin
8. 216 votes for Abstract Geodesic Pink Rose Lattice by micklyn
9. 183 votes for Geodesic Terrariums by irishvikingdesigns
10. 175 votes for Geometric Trompe-l’œil by meowandcraft [Read more…] about Announcing the Winners of our Geodesic Design Challenge!
We always love it when we get to congratulate FIRST-TIME winners! Hip hip hooray for Sarah Treu of Utah! Sarah is an illustrator who specializes in surface design and children’s books. She loves creating, writing, crafting, sunshine and trails. Congratulations, Sarah! Her bright and colorful Blossoms and Butterflies Mosaics stole your hearts with 461 votes in total. Sarah will receive $200 in Spoonflower credit. Our 2nd place winner, Lisa K, will receive $100, and the 3rd place winner, Weavingmajor, will receive $50 in Spoondollars. The rest of the top 10 winners will receive $20 in Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly voted designs (provided the designers are already verified sellers) will be automatically made available for sale in the Marketplace where they will receive 10% commission on every sale — no $5.00 swatch required. Congrats again to all! See the entire top 10 here.
1. 461 votes for Blossoms and Butterflies Mosaic by sarah_treu
2. 451 votes for Orange Blossom Mosaic by designs_by_lisa_k
3. 407 votes for wave mosaic – navy, teal, white by weavingmajor
4. 397 votes for Koi Fish by torysevas
5. 376 votes for The Lemon Tree by mag-o
6. 355 votes for sea mosaic by vo_aka_virginiao
7. 327 votes for Mosaic Cranes by hollybender
8. 314 votes for mosaic spirits by gaiamarfurt
9. 309 votes for Peacock by chicca_besso
[Read more…] about Announcing the Mosaic Design Challenge Winners
Today's Design-A-Day SpoonChallenge prompt comes from Spoonflower friend and neighbor, Nadia Hassan. Nadia walks us through her process for creating vibrant geometric designs that are both angular and inviting, abstract and natural.
Last August we teamed up with Milk and Honey Shoes to find the perfect fabric for a pair of shoes by asking designers to create small-scale geometric prints. Today we are thrilled to announce the release of our Tastemaker Collection!
Congrats again to the top 4 designers! Head over to Milk and Honey to purchase your own pair. And tell us, where would you wear your perfect-print shoes?
The winner of our palette-restricted contest for geometric shape fabrics is none other than veteran Spoonflowerer SammyK, whose history of previous contest wins is almost too long to list (but you can review many of them on the contest archive page). Suffice it to say she's done it again in a field of amazing entries. Be sure to check out all of this week's well-coordinated top ten.
The final results were:
1. 356 votes for Sticks & Spots, Stripes & Dots by sammyk
2. 321 votes for Geometrica 9 – Triangles by chris
3. 296 votes for Dacia (Green and Violet) by siya
4. 286 votes for triangles by jeannemcgee
5. 285 votes for Kaleidoflowers by robyriker
6. 262 votes for Undulation by ormolu
7. 261 votes for Geo_Floral by aimeesthill
8. 249 votes for Retro-luxe Lighting by retrorudolph's
9. 244 votes for Moss Box by spellstone
10. 233 votes for Connected Stars by lilichi