We’re all currently driving bright yellow cars here at Spoonflower–thank you very much, pollen! With the onset of warmer weather, birds chirping and bees buzzing, gardening is definitely on our minds. We even planted a little community garden in front of our HQ over the weekend! We thought gardening might be on your minds, too, so we found 5 great gardening DIYs to help you spruce up the green spaces in your life.
The growing season is upon us and as someone seriously lacking a green thumb, I’m always on the look out for fun and simple ways to get my garden on! Check out these easy DIYs to add a little life to your weekend.
CREATE hanging planters to add a little green to any space.
STITCH up your favorite sewing project using a veggie-insprired fabric!
UPCYCLE tired copper canisters in to beautiful planters!
CREATE a garden on the go!
HAVE your cake and cover it in flowers, too!
Here in North Carolina we've got more sowing going on these days than sewing, as the spring weather right now is just perfect for gardening. But when the crafting bug does strike, we now have the perfect fabrics for the season in the form of the top ten from our Gardening Tools contest. Congratulations to first-time winner Alisse Courter of Brooklyn for her winning fabric!
The final results of voting were:
1. 582 votes for Garden Tools by alissecatherine
2. 562 votes for garden by dennisthebadger
3. 522 votes for Gardening at the allotment by ebygomm
4. 466 votes for My rustic garden by cjldesigns
5. 463 votes for My Garden Sketchbook by pattyryboltdesigns
6. 452 votes for Jardinero by luisbruna
7. 428 votes for Gardening Tools Advertising ~ Green by retrorudolphs
8. 381 votes for spring gardening by kociara
9. 377 votes for Garden Delight by einekleinedesignstudio
10. 349 votes for In the Garden by molipop