Turtles and tortoises, rabbits and hares—the whole gang has shown up for this week’s The Tortoise and the Hare Design Challenge. A round of good cheer (and a blue ribbon) goes out to grand-prize winner christinewitte, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design, Through Hilly Woods. Finishing close behind in a tight race of their own, are second place (sarah_treu) and third place (mabletandesigns) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. Congratulations to everyone who finished the race! For more winners, see the top ten collection.
1. 477 votes for Through Hilly Woods by christinewitte
2. 416 votes for Tortoise And Hare by sarah_treu
3. 406 votes for Hare and Tortoise Night_Spoonflower by mabletandesigns
4. 373 votes for Folk Art Fable by j9design
5. 356 votes for The tortoise and the hare by camcreative
6. 351 votes for Tortoise and the Hare Countryside by vinpauld
7. 347 votes for The Tortoise and the Hare by latheandquill
8. 334 votes for Hurry-me-not by lynnpriestleydesign
9. 325 votes for lepretartaruga by gaiamarfurt
10. 324 votes for Ludwig & Lupin by spellstone [Read more…] about Announcing The Tortoise and the Hare Design Challenge Winners
While browsing the Spoonflower site this week, I came across some Easter bunnies that were too cute to keep to myself. Enjoy these happy rabbit fabrics, plus five easter egg DIYs to do before Easter!
Funny bunny love a float spring by Stacyiesthsu
Grafitti Easter eggs on Paper & Stitch
Cestlaviv bunny ebony by Cest_la_viv
White paint on natural brown eggs on Kaley Ann
Jade moon rabbit – duck egg blue by Bee&lotus
Crocheted Easter eggs on The Style Files
Clover patch by Katherinecodega
Dye Easter eggs with silk ties from Relish.
Have a happy and creative weekend!
While I certainly don’t need an excuse to get crafty, every holiday provides its own unique project inspiration. Easter’s traditional egg dyeing craft is perfect for shaking up and DIYing in new ways! Check out these colorful and creative ways to decorate your Easter eggs this year!
MARBLE Easter eggs using nail polish.
CREATE glitter filled eggs!
STICK washi tape cut in to geometric shapes on your Easter eggs.
STAMP gold polka dots on jumbo eggs!
MAKE confetti dipped Easter eggs!
BONUS– because this project is just too beautiful not to include!
ADD a little something shiny to your Easter decor with gold leaf!
How are you decorating your Easter eggs this year?
With the Easter holiday nearly upon us, in our most recent contest we challenged designers to create fabrics featuring painted eggs. The winner is French designer Virginie Ozanon, whose 'Easter Joy!' fabric you can buy on its own or as part of a fat quarter bundle that includes all of the top ten designs from this week's contest. Keep in mind that the painted egg fat quarter fabric bundle will be available only through April 3rd. Congratulations to the top 10 designers!
The final votes:
1. 491 votes for Easter Joy ! by demigoutte
2. 410 votes for Egg-stravaganza (painted eggs) by groovity
3. 352 votes for Ukrainian Mania by dianne_annelli
4. 342 votes for Lithuanian Easter Eggs by cathyheckstudio
5. 339 votes for Decorative eggs, after Fabergé by su_g
6. 324 votes for Painted Eggs by fattcheese
7. 308 votes for Easter Eggs by kimsa
8. 306 votes for Easter Garden by amel24
9. 291 votes for Painted Eggs by nicoletamarin
10. 284 votes for The Chicken or The Egg by mag-o
With spring getting ready to hop like a bunny, the theme of this week's fabric design contest is painted eggs. Here's your chance to vote for all your favorite Easter-ish fabric designs. Voting is open through Wednesday, and we promise to report back next week with a very colorful top ten!
The participants this week are:
1. Just add Flour and Eggs! by
2. The Birds of Easter Island by
3. "An Eggsellent Easter"
4. -paintedegg by kikivanpersie
5. 01 by hassansiraj26
6. A Basketful of Painted Eggs by
7. A Beautiful Bunch of Painted
Easter Eggs by pencilmein
8. A Bees Knees Egg by karenharveycox
9. A Dozen Eggs in a Dozen Colors by
10. A Tisket, A Tasket… by