What’s your most memorable experience in the wilderness? Many designers told their story through illustration in this week’s contest. Take a walk on the wild side and cast your vote in our National Parks Design Challenge!
Baseball is one of America's favorite summer traditions. Could it be the hotdogs and popcorn, or the excitement of cheering on the home team with a tied ballgame and bases loaded in the seventh inning? Reminisce for a moment and cast your vote in our Take Me Out to the Ballgame Design Challenge!
You can tell a great deal about a person from the contents of their bag. Day in and day out, we carry with us necessities, provisions, and mementos and, in case that special occasion arises, a handful of bobby pins. Congratulations to Kate Rhees (katerhees) for her winning design, and to the entire top ten list of winners in this week's What's In Your Bag Design Challenge! View all the printed fabrics on our Facebook page today!
1. 346 votes for SUNGLASSES AND LIP GLOSS by katerhees
2. 323 votes for I've Got One In Here Somewhere by theonekierce
3. 306 votes for The Essentials by oliveandruby
4. 290 votes for Everything but the kitchen sink by vo_aka_virginiao
5. 286 votes for keys by ottomanbrim
6. 277 votes for Bag O' Stuff on Yellow by creativetaylor
7. 273 votes for Heels and Handbags by annadeegan
8. 227 votes for Bobby Pins Scatter by mariafaithgarcia
9. 223 votes for First Day of School by christinewitte
10. 214 votes for Goody Bag by meghannrader
This week's contest is a tribute to all those beloved essentials we just cannot leave home without. Could the bag really be the window into one's soul? Find out by casting your vote in our "What's In Your Bag?" Design Challenge by Wednesday of next week! Now I know my keys are in here somewhere…
¿Cómo Te Llama? We fell in love with all the lovely llamas our talented community herded into the Top 10 this week. Check out all the top ten llama designs and be sure to congratulate our winner, Maria Faith Garcia on her winning design, Llama Fun!
1. 495 votes for Llama Fun by mariafaithgarcia
2. 467 votes for Llama Brightfolk by onelittleprintshop
3. 448 votes for Llamas on Grey by creativetaylor
4. 447 votes for Llama Lovers by meliszawang
5. 430 votes for Camouflage Llama Family by christinewitte
6. 423 votes for Andes Mountain animals by dear_chickie
7. 415 votes for Llamas by petite_circus
8. 407 votes for Llama Love by cjldesigns
9. 367 votes for Llamas Evening Stroll_12inchRpt by robinpickens
10. 325 votes for Lovely Llamas – Large Scale by heatherdutton
So much excitement has been in the air at Spoonflower HQ this past week! Folks have flocked from their desks, the print room, and the operations floor for a chance to be sitting pretty on a big, comfy chair upholstered with their winning design! The voters have spoken – check out the top ten Staff Challenge designs and give a big high five to Eloisa Docton (Better known as natitys) for her winning design, Whimsy Floral Dots! It's amazing what you can do with a pen, paper and just 30 minutes!
1. 676 votes for Whimsy floral dots by eloisadocton
2. 535 votes for stork scissors by ashley_mason
3. 518 votes for Silly Raccoons by joshmckelvey
4. 510 votes for Scan_4 by kelly_m_
5. 427 votes for clouds-cute-faces by j_schnaak
6. 420 votes for Hannah_Koontz-ch by hkoontz
7. 417 votes for Love Arrows by brainsarepretty
8. 382 votes for Yummy_Treats by atate
9. 363 votes for Marker Swirls by kellyw
10. 331 votes for Scan_10-ch by jennifer_spanos
The stakes are high, time was short, and the competition is fierce. The time has come for voting in Spoonflower's annual Staff Challenge! Once a year, the tables are turned and Spoonies show their design prowess to the world in a special staff-only edition of our Weekly Design Challenge. Needless to say Around the Spoonflower HQ, we've been doing our finger push-ups and running seamless repeat drills in preparation for this year's challenge, perhaps our toughest yet––to create, upload, and enter a design into a contest in just 30 minutes!
The winner of this year's challenge not only gets the glory of being voted to the top by our amazing Spoonflower community, but they'll also be sitting pretty in a custom chair from Select Furniture featuring their winning fabric design!
Using just pen and paper and the good ol' crop tool and Spoonflower's Color Changer, these designs are sure to delight and inspire!
What can you create with a pen, paper and 30 minutes?
Careful – that flower has quills! This week we stayed up late with our quirky nocturnal hedgehog friends, and were so impressed with the creativity of all 340 entries! Congratulations to the winner of this week's Design Challenge hailing from Italy,Gaia Marfurt, with her adorable Hedgehog Flowers! Show some love to all the top ten winners and check out printed fabric photos of the top 10 Hedgehog designs on our Facebook page!
1. 542 votes for hedgehogs flowers by gaiamarfurt
2. 491 votes for Hedgehog and Mice Gathering_12inch by robinpickens
3. 463 votes for Hedgehog Playground by melarmstrongdesign
4. 418 votes for Hedgehog Party by papercanoedesign
5. 415 votes for We (mostly) come out at night by mirjamauno
6. 413 votes for Henry and Hetty by bora
7. 408 votes for Hedgehogs disguised as cactuses by petitspixels
8. 406 votes for hedgehog haven by gracedesign
9. 404 votes for Hedgehogs and Cherries by susan_polston
10. 401 votes for Hogs under hedges + foxes on copses by nouveau_bohemian
Are you a budding textile designer looking for tips and tricks for creating a fabric collection? Perhaps you’ve mastered the art of surface design, but still struggle with crafting a cohesive set of patterns.
WHAT: We’re thrilled to announce a new SpoonChallenge together with our friend Bonnie Christine–Creating a Fabric Collection! For four weeks starting July 6th we’ll be sharing everything you need to know to design the most beautiful fabric collection.
HOW: All you have to do is follow along each week to learn a new skill or technique! Sign up for a weekly email full of everything you need to know to get started, or follow along on the blog. Snap a picture of your progress and use the #SpoonChallenge hashtag each week to share what you’re learning. You can use this hashtag on any social media site (or just hashtag in your heart and keep your creations to yourself!).
Are you ready?
Create your first collection!
Show off your new skills by entering our upcoming Butterfly Coordinates Design Challenge. The winner by popular vote will take home $100 in Spoonflower credit and a special surface design prize pack! Deadline for entries is August 11th, 2015. For more information visit our upcoming contests page.