Have you ever wondered how designers in the Spoonflower community create the adorable cut-and-sew projects you’ve been eyeing in the Marketplace? From the purrrfect zipper pouch (see the how-to here) to a giftable hedgehog plushie, the only limit to creating your very own cut-and-sew project is your imagination. To help you get started, Spoonflower designer Ceri Staziker–cerigwen in the Marketplace–is sharing seven design tips for successfully creating a cut-and-sew project. By the time you’re done, you’ll never underestimate the power of a fat quarter!
The Spoonflower community has been busy stitching up some wonderful things! Our favorite way to get inspired is by taking a peek at what our amazing sewists and crafters are up to. We’ve rounded up some of your awesome projects that have been shared around the web using #Spoonflowered this week. Tell us what you’re making in the comments below, and don’t forget to tag your works in progress, too!
Mermaids, unicorns, and dragons, oh my! This week designers created cut-and-sew patterns featuring their favorite mythical creatures. Congratulations to Wood Mouse & Bobbit for taking the top prize with her Griffin Kitten design!
1. 425 votes for Griffin Kitten by woodmouse&bobbit
2. 357 votes for Happy Unicorn Plushie Pillow by robinpickens
3. 340 votes for DRAGON mythical creature plushie by laura_the_drawer
4. 329 votes for Bastet Plushie Doll ♥ by designed_by_debby
5. 323 votes for CORA the mermaid plushie pillow by cerigwen
6. 314 votes for Dragon Cut and Sew Plushie by hazel_fisher_creations
7. 293 votes for Kraken_and_mermaid_combo_plushie by hannahmol
8. 289 votes for LittleYeti by snickerdoodles
9. 279 votes for Jack the Jackalope by juliesfabrics
10. 271 votes for AUSTRALIAN DROP BEAR by mulberry_tree
Your toy box will never be the same after you see these mythical cut & sews! From mermaids to monsters, Spoonflower designers have cooked up some wacky and wild plush toys. Vote for your favorites now!