The only thing we like more than crafting? Unlikely animal friends cuddling. So we joined them together and made this contest. Vote on your favorite Interspecies Animal Friendships in this week's Design Challenge!
Is it love…like…lust? Or maybe just laughter? We want to know how you celebrate Valentine's Day.
Submit photos that best capture what makes you happy, or let us see what you're making this Valentine's Day! Directly upload an entry or submit your photo with #SFSewInLove on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter before Monday, February 8th. Beginning February 8th, the public will be able to vote on their favorite photos.
Three winners will receive a prize pack from our friends at Fiskars with all the supplies you need to stay crafty in 2016!
Voting will close on February 14th at 6 PM (Eastern), winner announced on Monday, February 15th.
Did you grow up in the 1980s? Take a look back at the elaborate hairstyles of the decade and vote on your favorite (cringe-worthy) retro hair trend in this week's 80sHairstyles Design Challenge! Voting ends on Wednesday, February 3rd and the winner will be announced in our weekly newsletter on Thursday, February 4th.
The Monkey is the 9th of 12 animals in the recurring 12-year Chinese zodiac cycle. 2016 is the year of the Fire Monkey, which occurs once every fifty years! Anyone born in this year (or back in 1956) is said to be highly adventurous and ambitious.
Let's give a big hoot and howl for this week's winner Vo_aka_virginiao (on her 2nd win in a row!) with her design, "Fruitful Year of the Monkey," and be sure to congratulate all the top ten winners of the Year of the Monkey Design Challenge!
1. 467 votes for Fruitful Year of the Monkey by vo_aka_virginiao
2. 416 votes for Tropical Monkeys by jill_o_connor
3. 369 votes for Night Night My Little Monkey by anom-aly
4. 314 votes for Year of the Monkey by meliszawang
5. 294 votes for Little monkeys by petite_circus
6. 289 votes for monkey by daniserpa
7. 263 votes for Monkeys! by panova
8. 249 votes for Year of the Monkey by ebygomm
9. 243 votes for Magic Jungle by susan_polston
10. 242 votes for Year of the Monkey by papercanoedesign
This week, your designs have brought the Chinese Zodiac to life! Join us in celebrating the Year of the Monkey by voting for your favorite Year of the Monkey-themed designs by next Wednesday.
Spin around, take a swing, and let the confetti fly! It's your turn to vote for your favorite Piñata designs by next Wednesday!
Windows are the perfect pairing of practicality and decoration and so many of the possibilities are represented in this week's Design Challenge. You all really impressed us with your submissions! We're thrilled to announce the winner of our Windows Design Challenge, "Painted Rose Windows" by Logan Spector. Be sure to show some love to the rest of the top ten designs!
1. 610 votes for Painted Rose Windows by logan_spector
2. 359 votes for Windows-01 by marmalade&jam
3. 357 votes for Winter Cardinal in the Window by ninjaauntsdesigns
4. 357 votes for Delft Windows by christinewitte
5. 354 votes for Colour me Copenhagen by mariaspeyer
6. 347 votes for A room with a view by mirjamauno
7. 336 votes for It's Curtains For You by seesawboomerang
8. 330 votes for Medieval Gothic Church Windows by mariafaithgarcia
9. 312 votes for windows teal by scrummy
Whether you like to clink champagne flutes on the dance floor or while cozied up at home with family and your cat, at midnight, we all want to start out the New Year in a good spot. Let's toast to the winner of our New Year Traditions Design Challenge, "New Year Lantern Festival" by Cecilia_mok, and bestow prosperity and creativity upon the entire top ten for yet another year, for they are all starting 2016 on a high note!
1. 518 votes for New Year Lantern Festival by cecilia_mok
2. 380 votes for Celebrate by cbronsky
3. 353 votes for Midnight City by paula's_designs
4. 324 votes for Auld lang syne by jill_o_connor
5. 309 votes for chinese-new-year by la_fabriken
6. 297 votes for New Year Lion Dance Chinoiserie by susan_polston
7. 282 votes for New Year Countdown by tinykiwidesign
8. 235 votes for Hoppin' Johns by fable_design
9. 210 votes for Festive Fireworks by dragonfairy
10. 207 votes for Daruma Noodle New Year by chlobell
Cozying up to knit during winter happens to be one of our favorite activities and, judging by the entries in the week's contest, you all feel the same! Whether you enjoy knitting, designing knitting-themed fabric, or simply voting on knitting-inspired designs, we hope you had as much fun as we did picking out your favorites. We are proud to announce the winner, Julie Lynch (cjldesigns) with her design "Woodland Knits." See all of the knit-tastic top 10 winners!
1. 473 votes for woodland knits by cjldesigns
2. 406 votes for Cheerful Yarn by tinykiwidesign
3. 352 votes for Knitted rows by mirjamauno
4. 340 votes for Itty bitty knitting committee by designed_by_debby
5. 316 votes for Cats & Wool by melarmstrongdesign
6. 314 votes for Knitting sheep by heleenvanbuul
7. 308 votes for Lambswool by ebygomm
8. 304 votes for hanks of wool by cassiopee
9. 297 votes for woolens by skbird
Over the past week, we asked all of our lunar lovers to pick their favorite Moon Phases contest design. First in our celestial winners' circle is Petite Circus, with her design, "Little Deer." Don't forget to show some love to the entire top ten, and explore this collection of magical moon designs!
1, 429 votes for Little Deer by petite_circus
2. 383 votes for Moon Phases Embroidery by marketa_stengl
3. 365 votes for half moons by cassiopee
4. 327 votes for Once in a blue moon by designed_by_debby
5. 318 votes for Rainbow Moon Phases by emmaallardsmith
6. 314 votes for crystal moon by kociara
7. 308 votes for goodnight moon by shindigdesignstudio
8. 307 votes for All Sides of the Moon by sutherlandgrace
9. 303 votes for pencil colored moons by miriamtourn
10. 299 votes for Orbiting Celestial Bodies by Friztin by friztin