Illustrator, surface designer and mom (to the cutest babies we’ve ever seen) Natalie Malan stops by the blog today to show us how simple it is to make a cozy Fleece blanket — no sewing required! To make this blanket, Natalie printed one yard of new, low loft, double-faced Fleece using a watercolor design she created herself. This super simple blanket is perfect for spring picnics, adding a pop of color to your couch or bed, or swaddling a sweet little one! Check out her video tutorial below to find out how you can make one, too.
Congratulations this week to Yvonne Herbst (owner of Bunte Fabrics)! Her Birds On A Wire got more votes this week than any of the 130 other entries in our Childrens' Print-themed Fabric Of the Week contest.
The top 10 vote getters this week were:
- Birds on a wire by Yvonne Herbst 693
- Oneeyz pattern by Susanne Krogh-Hansen 676
- You Are My Sunshine by Emily 629
- Happy by Mary Brewer 626
- Spot The Bug by Alex Morgan 611
- Spare Parts by Kelly Grooters 488
- SweetPeeps by Lauren Linn 475
- Power Paisley by Heather Dutton 458
- Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! by virginia 455
- small elephants in red by Katharina Hirsch 436
Upcoming fabric design contest themes include Love (due by Monday), Steampunk, and a very special contest we'll talk about in more detail in next week's email. READ DETAILS ON UPCOMING CONTESTS