We are currently seeking a senior level designer to work collaboratively and cross-functionally to define and implement innovative solutions for our website (visuals and experience). The person in this role will share responsibility for consistently providing and communicating Spoonflower’s brand, product and personality and will play a central role in the design, development, and delivery of outstanding user-facing features.
As a Senior Designer at Spoonflower, you will conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks and will contribute to the establishment and promotion of style guidelines and standards for use throughout the site. You will partner with Engineering in an effort to create a seamless experience for users and allow for some independence and speed for front-end engineers in releasing new code to the site. Marketing will rely on you to contribute suggestions or ideas to improve branding and messaging and to assist our graphic designer in photography, video, print collateral, landing pages and emails, as needed. You should be comfortable using data to inform UI decisions, apply user research and feedback to design work and engage in A/B testing in order to identify best practices.
Who Are We Looking For?
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 6+ years working as a senior designer in a web environment, preferably in e-commerce. Candidates should have tenure as a full-time member of a team with experience in design and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent in experience.
- Deep knowledge of Adobe Suite, to include inDesign and Illustrator.
- Exceptional understanding of UX design principles
- A demonstrated ability to:
- steward good design thinking and process
- advocate for an exceptional visual design and user experience
- understand how to effectively balance the needs of the user while optimizing for traffic, conversion or other business metrics
- apply and generate creative for UX and branding and to design websites, apps, and other digital experiences and collateral with the end user in mind
- Outstanding creative and graphic design skills with a strong understanding of typography and color.
- Exceptional skills as an effective communicator and the ability to communicate design processes, ideas and strategies across different audiences and all organizational levels. The selected candidate should be comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- Highly developed collaborative skills, with an ability to bring established, repeatable and shareable design processes to the team while promoting collaboration between other designers and product teams. Experience in a cross-functional environment is strongly desired.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment that often requires fast turnaround and adaptation to changing priorities and deadlines.
- A strong attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- We will seek out those candidates who demonstrate kindness, curiosity and warmth, both in person and through experiences and situational examples.
We offer team members a generous and robust benefit package, including 100% paid medical premiums for employees and their families, the support of continuing education, and the chance to learn new skills and to move within the company. We hold monthly Town Halls, host an annual fabric design challenge for staff and provide a generous fabric allowance.
If you’re interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a cover letter and a link to your portfolio that includes examples of complex web design work. Tell us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter and link to work samples will not be considered. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or practice another craft besides designing beautiful, functional websites, we would love to hear about it!