Spoonflower is one of the hottest brands in the DIY space. Our website makes it possible for individuals to create and sell unique fabrics, wallpaper and gift wrap. Many of the designers who use Spoonflower to create products also use it to sell their work, making Spoonflower the world’s largest marketplace of surface designs created by indie artists. The community of designers and shoppers who make up Spoonflower is central to what we do. Our goal is to continue to expand the reach of Spoonflower’s services internationally, and, more generally, to expand the opportunities available for individuals to express themselves through color, pattern, and personalization. At Spoonflower, creativity, customer focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. Our team is full of creative, multi-talented individuals who embody, like our customers, a DIY ethic and an embrace of hard work. We offer team members competitive benefits, support of continuing education, and the chance to learn new skills and to move within the company.
We are looking for an experienced marketer to join our Berlin-based Marketing team and assume strategic development and execution of Spoonflower’s localized strategy for a given region within Europe or Australia. This career opportunity will include maintaining a cohesive brand voice of a company with a passionate and devoted community of customers all over the world. We are looking for an individual who can establish, manage and grow our brand and devoted community through SEM campaigns and content strategy as we expand our marketing focus to include more regions. This individual will be responsible for leading a small team while building new programs and maintaining existing marketing strategy for Spoonflower.com as it relates to our non-US community. The position reports to the VP of International and will integrate with all members and functions of the Marketing team to develop and strengthen a seamless go-to-market strategy. While this role is strategic in nature, our ideal candidate will be hands-on with the ability and experience necessary to execute on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist with identification and launching of social channels for the Spoonflower brand facing audiences in ES/IT/FR/UK or AUS
- Lead a growing team of marketers and customer service agents
- Manage localized blog using WordPress. Tailor content from English channels for new market while working with influencers to create content specific to your market
- Identify strategic partners and oversee collaborations
- Manage the email process workflow including the development of a localized email calendar, collaborating with the Marketing team for creative content and copy
- Deliver reporting and insight that accurately measures the impact of campaigns on a bi-weekly or monthly basis
- Work with US-based team on fine-tuning EU SEM strategy through analysis of current campaigns and implementation of campaign tweaks
- Lead email acquisition for existing and unknown customers, increase email penetration
- Oversee monthly marketing budget, forecasting spend and revenue to ensure regions are on trend to revenue plan requirements
Our Ideal Candidate
- BA/ MA degree in Marketing/Communication and/or analytical emphasis
- 5+ years online marketing specific experience with a minimum 2 years demonstrated success in SEM campaign management
- Fluent French/Spanish/Italian and English in spoken and written
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to changing and evolving business requirements and objectives
- Results driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around metrics and ROI analysis
- Ability to synthesize results into campaign enhancement recommendations
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem solving abilities
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, graphic design skills are a plus
- Proven experience managing a team
If you’re interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a cover letter, telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. All cover letters/cv’s should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!