Reporting to the Controller, we are looking for a Senior Accountant to handle daily general accounting operations within the company. The focus of this role will be ensuring an accurate and timely monthly close process. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and the complete accounting cycle. This is a hands-on role. We are looking for a person who knows what needs to get done and then takes care of it. This is an individual contributor position.
- Maintain general ledger by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies including those performed by junior accounting staff.
- Process transactions for US entity compliant with US GAAP.
- Manage multiple currency accounting and conversion.
- Assist with German subsidiary accounting records, intercompany charges and reconciliation, and eliminating journal entries for monthly consolidation.
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Assist Controller in preparing documents and schedules for managers and executives.
- Assist preparation of federal and multiple state income and franchise tax returns, including tax provision.
- Preparation of sales tax and VAT returns (data collection, exemptions, policies and application, filing and payment, invoice formats, checkout systems).
- Preparation of required information reporting for domestic and international designer royalties and vendor compensation.
Experience, Skills and Capabilities Required:
Technical Skills and Capabilities
- Accounting degree; CPA preferred
- Thorough understanding of complete accounting cycle
- Experience preparing for and successfully completing external audit
- Proficiency with Excel and Netsuite (experience with Netsuite is nice to have, but can be trained).
- Comfortable with web-based applications, export/import data transfer and web services integrations.
- Experience with electronic routing and approval workflow and paperless accounting environments.
Functional Skills and Capabilities:
- Manufacturing and inventory environments highly preferred
- E-commerce experience highly preferred
- GAAP accounting, including multinational consolidations, cost accounting, inventory management and revenue recognition.
- Fluency in English required; German would be a plus.
Other Equally Important Competencies
- Professional communication style and ability to interact respectfully with all levels of the company.
- Ability to communicate financial information across multiple departments.
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities and expectations, while consistently meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Customer service mindset, taking pride in quality work that communicates important information and supports business decision making and understanding.
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment, with frequent change and developing systems, policies and procedures.
- History of using technology to reduce repetitive and manual tasks.
- Attention to quality and detail; preference to do it right the first time/touch it only once.
- Analytical mind, always looking for solutions, improvement, insight and understanding.
- Creative problem solver.
- Desire to grow and develop professionally; life-long learner.
If you’re interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a cover letter, telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered! No agencies or outside recruiters, please. Resumes submitted by agencies/recruiters will be fed to our printers.
Please apply here.
We look forward to hearing from you!