Spoonflower is one of the hottest brands in the DIY space, and one of North Carolina’s fastest-growing companies. Our website makes it possible for individuals to create and sell unique fabrics, wallpaper and gift wrap. Our goal is to continue to expand the reach of Spoonflower’s services internationally, and, more generally, to expand the opportunities available for individuals to express themselves through color, pattern and personalization.
Spoonflower is seeking a highly motivated and highly organized Sales Tax Specialist for our Durham, NC location. This position will file to sales tax returns timely and accurately for Spoonflower, Inc.
Major responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and yearly filing of US sales tax returns and federal excise tax returns
- Assist with monthly/quarterly VAT returns
- Responsible for gathering information for sales tax audits and providing info to sales tax auditors
- Responsible for in-house software systems maintenance of sales tax related information
- Responsible for reconciliation of general ledger sales tax accounts
- Annual business license renewals
- Resolve tax issues with internal and external customers
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum two years experience filing US sales tax returns in at least five states
- College Degree preferred
- Analytical skills
- Microsoft Office suite experience required. Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills
Other Position Specifications
- Must be able to maintain company confidentiality
- Should be able to handle stress and deadlines well
- Must be willing to participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
What Can We Offer You?
At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. Our team is full of creative, multitalented individuals who embody — like our customers — a DIY ethic and an embrace of hard work. We offer team members outstanding benefits, support of continuing education, and the chance to learn new skills and move within the company. Our offices are located in the RTP area of Durham and in Berlin, Germany and are full of a close-knits team of people who love what they do. Spoonflower is a unique amalgam of individuals with exceptional skills in their areas of expertise that come together to foster and drive the success of Spoonflower.
Does this sound like you? If yes, we would love to talk to you. If you’re interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a cover letter, telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered! No agencies or outside recruiters, please. Candidates/resumes submitted to non-HR employees by agencies/recruiters will be disqualified and fed to our printers.
Please apply here!
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status or any legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulation or ordinances.