Print Operators at Spoonflower help us serve our rapidly growing community of designers, sewists, and fabric lovers. Spoonflower strives to provide its customers with timely service and high quality products. This position is responsible for the operation of our large-format inkjet printers in order to produce orders on fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Operating multiple printers at one time in order to keep the printing process going.
- Prioritizing work in order to timely deliver orders.
- Moving digital files around in different operating system environments and administering print operations within a Web browser.
- Operating and managing RIP software for printing.
- Cleaning and maintaining print room equipment, which includes dealing with ink.
- Monitoring the quality of the substrate being printed and knowing when the product does not meet quality standards.
- Troubleshooting and reporting on the state of the printing equipment.
- Providing support to the Floor Operations team with cutting, packing & shipping products when needed.
Requirements for this position:
- Must be available to work a 3rd shift schedule from 11 pm to 7 am. Must be available to work weekends.
- This is a full time position with hours that flex between 32 – 40 hours. This position has the potential to work overtime during high production times, which includes a regular weekend schedule.
- Prior printing experience preferred but not required.
- Some familiarity with Photoshop.
- Ability to move and load large rolls of fabric of up to 35 lbs.
- Great communication skills in writing and in person.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to improvise and adapt to a changing workflow.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to stay focused and on-task.
- Dedicated to the idea of using technology to help people share their creativity.
We strive to maintain an eco-friendly and safe work environment. Some of the solvents that are used in production may create fumes or unpleasant smells. We provide the appropriate safety equipment when this arises.
$12 per hour plus a $2 third shift premium