The kind folk over at Craft magazine gave a shout out to Spoonflower today because we printed up Samantha Hahn’s excellent design for their Maker Faire tablecloth. Woo-hoo! I do love Craft for the spectrum of ideas they offer to us making types, and if you do, too, perhaps you’ll want to pick up a yard of Samantha’s design in our Etsy shop. I just wish I could see it–not to mention the Craft staff! and all the crafty families! and all you makers of handmade stuff at your tables!–in person at Maker Faire. There’s always next year, though. Right, Stephen? Right.
Have you all seen Lisa.littlek's adorable, scrappy toddler sun hat in our Flickr pool today? It caught my eye right away because I've been experiencing a fair amount of sun hat envy while making the outside rounds with my daughters lately. At the pool yesterday, an excellent gray linen hat with a row of white shell buttons around it. At Locopops, our local popsicle store, the perfect straw hat with a brim not too wide and not too floppy. Part of it is that there are a lot of Japanese women living in our neighborhood here in Chapel Hill, and I swear that they all seem to know secret, cool sources of amazing, casual, interestingly stitched sun hats. Anyone know of any good sun hat patterns or tutorials out there? If you do, please leave a link in the comments!
You could "generously ink" a fish in order to make a fish-printed garment like this one from Martha Stewart. Or you could save your fish for the grill and just Spoonflower! I'm just sayin'….
Final voting results were:
- "Snow_Bird" by Lucie Wicker: 14.0% 339
- "yourenuts" by danielle: 23.0% 557
- "Texture 5" by Jane Dunnewold: 13.0% 315
- "leap frog" by laura wilson: 16.4% 396
- "Fall Harvest 1" by Harriet Russell: 7.4% 178
- "CurlyQ" by Katidids: 26.3% 636
Vote on next week's design:
We've got another great lineup of designs from our (long) list of entries, but only one will make it into our store next week as a limited edition fabric. Vote now for your favorite.
The brave designers are:
- cutebunnies by LRG Design
- tulips2 by sjane
- Squares by Leonor Bautista, Madrid – Spain
- ms_pattern_lavieenrose by Michelle Smith, Raleigh – North Carolina
- donutslayered by heidi Kenney
- Mod_Floral_1 by Jaclyn Brownell, Fall River – MA
I don't know about you all, but I'm obsessed with summery halter top patterns lately. In NC, we're already getting 85 degree days sprinkled in amongst our otherwise springy weeks, so I know that beach and pool season are just around the corner!
When I saw Missemmaruth's halter top in our Flickr pool this morning, I couldn't suppress a squeal. I love it! It's made from Spoonflower printed fabric designed by Imakethings and based on a free pattern offered by IchiGoGirl through Burdastyle. Super flattering, isn't it? Must go do some downloading and printing now….
Dandyflat — by Amelia of Night Garden Design in Springfield, Oregon — is the latest Spoonflower fabric of the week. Get the fabric for a limited time only in the Spoonflower Etsy shop. The final tally from last week was decisive:
- get thy jam on by Quinne Myers: 23.7% 544
- Wilson_wilkes_Creek_trial by Mindy Wilson: 10.8% 247
- MirroredFlowers#1 by Janet Handy: 8.6% 198
- fallbreeze by jen pepper, Brooklyn – NY: 6.0% 138
- frogpattern by Ian O'Phelan: 10.6% 243
- dandyflat by Amelia, Springfield – Oregon: 40.3% 924
Check out Amelia's other items on Etsy.
Six new designs for voting, including more frogs!
- "Snow_Bird" by Lucie Wicker
- "yourenuts" by danielle
- "Texture 5" by Jane Dunnewold, San Antonio, TX [be sure to check out her work!]
- "leap frog" by laura wilson
- "Fall Harvest 1" by Harriet Russell, Endwell – NY
- "katidid" by CurlyQ
Thanks to everyone for participating!
We’re holding off on the weekly contest email until Monday, when we’ll also have another bit of good news to share. In the meantime, I’m leaving tomorrow for Amsterdam to attend a big printing show called FESPA. If any Spoonflower peeps in The Netherlands want to meet me for coffee on Monday or Wednesday afternoon, please drop me a note! -Stephen
Vote for the next fabric of the week from six terrific new designs:
Above, we see (from left to right on each row):
- get thy jam on by Quinne Myers
- Wilson_wilkes_Creek_trial by Mindy Wilson
- MirroredFlowers#1 by Janet Handy
- fallbreeze by jen pepper, Brooklyn – NY
- frogpattern by Ian O’Phelan
- dandyflat by Amelia, Springfield – Oregon
Vote for your favorite.
Follow the results in real time here. Review the weekly contest rules and/or enter your own design here.
[Read more…] about Closest Contest Ever + Six New Designs!
I seldom have time for cranking out the sewing projects these days with Spoonflower, young'uns, and gardening season taking up nearly every second of free time in my day. So it is with great relief–and perhaps a bit of surprise that it really is done–that I show you all my new Lollychops pear dress, finished at last! As Lolly herself well knows from the gushy email I sent her when I first laid eyes on her printed pears, I love this design and was delighted to be able to own some myself when it won the fabric-of-the-week contest a few weeks back. I've made a few little girl dresses from Spoonflower fabric, but these pears were for me!
For the clothing sewers among you, this was made from New Look 6586, and my review of this pattern is here.
Vote For the Next Spoonflower Fabric Of The Week!
Help choose the next fabric of the week! Six new designs are in the running this week from six new designers (although one of them we've linked to many times before). They are (above going clockwise from the upper left):
- pinwheel by Jacqueline Auvigne
fortuna by Jon Keegan & Julie Kirkpatrick
- diamonds_fabric_2 by missykulik
- Folksy Teaparty V3 by Jhoanna Aranez
- paisleypatt by Mendi Bradley
- oilflower by Kathryn Orindgreff
Congratulations to Craft Pudding!
Birdie friends" ran away with the voting last week, thus making it now the official Spoonflower fabric of the week. Be sure to check out Craft Pudding's blog and Etsy store for more of her work, but you can also purchase birdie friends as a limited edition for the next six days in the Spoonflower Etsy shop.
The final voting from last week left us with: