The Manager, Marketing Analytics supports the marketing organization and is focused on leveraging business data and customer insight to measure and increase the return of the marketing investments. This position is based in Durham, NC and will report to the Chief Revenue Officer.
What You’ll Do
The Manager, Marketing Analytics is responsible for tracking, reporting and interpreting data related to sales trends, business performance, customer behavior and marketing programs.
Business and Customer Insights
- Report and analyze the performance of all customer segments,
- Define, maintain and document the list of marketing and business performance KPIs,
- Create reports and interpret web analytics data using Google Analytics (sales funnel, conversion analysis, traffic, etc.),
- Use clustering methods to segment the customer portfolio,
- Provide actionable insights to inform and drive marketing strategy and tactics,
- Track and forecast how marketing spend drives impact and return on investment.
- Develop the instrumentation and campaign test plans (test and learn approach) based on the business hypotheses formulated by the marketing team,
- Track and evaluate the impact of marketing campaigns using multivariate testing method,
- Create audience lists for multi-channel outbound campaigns (email, paid social) leveraging briefs developed by the marketing team,
- Develop predictive models to select the most relevant audiences to drive incremental revenue or increase customer retention,
- Design and develop processes and best practices related to campaign measurement.
- Develop creative and problem-solving thinking on how data management, reporting, and analytics can support the business and marketing strategy in an efficient and effective manner, including automation and streamlining of processes
Who You Are
This position may be right for you if you have:
- A BA/BS and a minimum of 5 years of experience as marketing analyst analyst performing related job duties
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A familiarity with digital advertising attribution models (last click, multi-touch, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and experience developing experiments and measuring marketing campaigns using A/B and multivariate testing
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage your workload efficiently
- Experience developing statistical models to support marketing campaigns
- A self-driven mindset and the ability to work independently
- Excellent SQL and Google Analytics experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- E-commerce knowledge and experience is a plus
as well as the following competencies:
- Passion – You are a passionate data analyst and proactively seek to grow by keeping up with the latest trends and best-practices to transform data into actionable insights
- Driven Achiever – You possess strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills, have a passion for data driven decision making, thrive on challenges, and have a proven history of successfully, consistently leading projects to achieve targets and objectives
- Customer Focused – You have a passion for service and satisfaction, are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, act with customers in mind, and develop and maintain a positive customer experience
- Problem Solver – You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes
- Collaborative – You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in
- small/mid-sized organizations and have the ability to work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such as marketing, product, engineering, and customer service teams
What Can We Offer You?
At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. We encourage a casual, family-friendly office space and love when our employees are just as creative and passionate as our customers. Our team is full of multitalented individuals who embody — like our customers — a DIY ethic and embrace hard work. As part of Spoonflower, we offer team members outstanding benefits, including company paid medical coverage for employees and their families (US office), generous time off benefits, the support of continuing education, and the chance to learn new skills and advance within the company. And did we mention the monthly fabric/wallpaper allowance?
If you’re interested in joining us, please send a resume and cover letter telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do.
The application process for Spoonflower is unique, so please take the time to read the instructions below:
Cover letters are important! We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you have done. Please do not send just a resume.
In your letter specify which position you are applying for, and include your name and contact information.
Include in your letter a URL for any/all your online material that you would like to share with us including resume, blog, or portfolio of work.
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered! No agencies or outside recruiters, please. Any unsolicited resumes will be fed to our printers. Candidates and/or resumes presented to non-HR employees from recruiters and/or agencies will be disqualified.
We look forward to hearing from you!