The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for facilitating the timely flow of materials, equipment and tools for the efficient operation of the print room and facilities of Spoonflower. Safety, administrative and interpersonal duties are also part of the role in order to meet the expectations of the team and our customers.
- Develop and maintain mechanical and electrical repair skills for all production equipment.
- Assist with installation and maintenance of printers and production equipment according to specifications and procedures
- Perform adjustments to equipment as needed to ensure output adheres to quality specifications, and assist with investigation/remedies for root causes of equipment impairment that lead to quality issues
- Keep detailed records of maintenance actions and work with the Maintenance Manager, and perform preventative maintenance tasks as outlined by the Maintenance Manager
- Assist with training of operations staff on routine maintenance tasks and support this team in regard to troubleshooting equipment issues, and contribute to training efforts and documentation that supports best practices for printer operation
- Contribute to the development and documentation of a quality assurance strategy that incorporates the routines described
- Contribute to pre-purchase evaluation of equipment for printing, fixation and cutting systems, and help research and develop cost-effective improvements to line equipment
- Learn, follow and communicate to colleagues practices related to applicable government regulations including OSHA, and EPA
- Report any safety issues immediately to the appropriate member of the team for resolution
- Develop and maintain written records for all activities completed, including documentation for inventory control of equipment parts
- Comfort with software and new technology, and ability to become proficient in using Spoonflower features
- Must be computer literate
- Establish and maintain a rapport/positive working relationships with colleagues and vendors, and professionally resolve any issues in order to capitalize on all business growth opportunities
- 3 or more years of mechanical experience
- Maintenance of manufacturing equipment such as industrial equipment involving motors, rotating assemblies
- Experience with reading block wiring diagrams and using a multimeter to troubleshoot electronic circuits
- Familiarity with pneumatics cylinders and adjustments to air control circuits
- Experience maintaining digital printing equipment an asset
- Experience with facility maintenance such as air compressors, physical building, etc. preferred
- Required to work occasional weekends and/or third shift
- Posses a reliable car to be used during work hours
- Forklift Training Certification. If not possess must obtain within 90-days of employment
Preferred Abilities and Characteristics
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently, while meeting productivity standards and completing work in a timely manner. Must efficiently manage personal time to ensure maximum productivity, and must consistently be at work on time, follow instructions, and respond to management direction
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness monitor own work to ensure quality and apply feedback to improve performance
- Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role:
- Lift approximately 75 lbs in assistance of loading, unloading and storing materials and equipment
- Bend, climb, pull, push, balance, kneel, twist, stand, sit and climb stairs and ladders intermittently during the day
- May sit or stand seven (7) to twelve (12) hours per day
- Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required
- Visual acuity in order to identify and review print quality issues related to color and fine print detail
If you’re interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a cover letter, telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered. No agencies or outside recruiters, please. Unsolicited resumes submitted by agencies or recruiters will be fed to our printers. Candidates whose resumes submitted by agencies/recruiters to non-HR Spoonflower personnel will be disqualified.
We look forward to hearing from you!