Spoonflower is currently seeking a Maintenance Specialist who will be responsible for facilitating the timely flow of materials, equipment and tools for the efficient operation of the print room and facilities of Spoonflower. Safety, administrative and interpersonal duties are also part of the role in order to meet the expectations of the team and our customers.
This position will be responsible for the following:
• Performing reactive and preventive maintenance of digital print equipment along with some light facilities maintenance.
• Assisting with installation of printers and production equipment.
• Keeping detailed records and analyzing and utilizing data to reduce failures and increase preventive maintenance.
• Assisting with investigation and remedies for root causes of equipment impairment that lead to quality issues.
• Assisting with the development and delivery of routine maintenance training for the operational teams.
• Supporting the operational teams in regard to troubleshooting equipment issues.
• Determining various sources of problems by reading machine operator notes and observing electro-mechanical machine components in operation.
Requirements for this position:
• At least 1 year of a mechanical or digital print experience or educational equivalent.
• Understanding of electro-mechanical computer controls is a plus.
• Understanding of maintenance diagrams, equipment manuals, and specifications that are utilized in troubleshooting malfunctions of rotating assemblies including nip rollers, timing belts and reciprocating print assemblies preferred.
• Mechanical aptitude to use small hand tools is required.
• Experience with facility maintenance including monitoring and service of air compressors, humidifiers and other aspects of physical building upkeep preferred.
• Forklift training certification preferred or must be able to obtain within 30-days of employment.
This is a full-time position that will require being available to work on Saturday. The candidate should be able to lift approximately 34 kg in assistance of loading, unloading and storing materials and equipment.
Spoonflower offers print on-demand fabric, wallpaper, and gift wrap. Based in Durham, North Carolina, we are opening a second office and print facility in Berlin. We offer a fun, creative environment and are looking for a unique group of individuals with exceptional skills in their areas of expertise to come together to foster and drive the success of Spoonflower and the Berlin office.
If you’re interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a cover letter, telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do.
We look forward to hearing from you!