We are looking for a talented person who will act as a Graphic Designer to support our in-house Marketing Team. This career opportunity will include maintaining a cohesive brand voice of a company with a passionate and devoted community of customers all over the world. Brands supported include Spoonflower, Roostery and Sprout Patterns. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about design, has a keen attention to detail, and who thrives on wearing many hats from supporting email marketing creative to ad-hoc marketing materials to event signage, user experience design, photography … the opportunities for hands-on experience are endless in this role.
This person in this role will have experience designing and producing creative for a variety of media. The Graphic Designer must be able to think outside of the box and stretch the brand representation while maintaining brand standards. The ability to produce under tight deadlines is key. This role is a mix of design and production creative work. This position works in collaboration with the marketing team and interfaces with all internal departments. This position reports to the SVP of Marketing.
● Design and produce on a variety of templates, branded, high-volume email graphic creative.
● Maintain and update existing Spoonflower branded assets with required creative and tactical updates as needed.
● Willingness and ability to actively photograph, archive photography assets and manage equipment, assist on photo shoots, research industry trends and maintaining design resources.
● Support design needs of brand, product, and events as it pertains to ongoing recognition events, paid advertising and sponsorship events, presentations and internal marketing materials.
● Interest in lending a hand when needed to creative concept design, campaign roll outs to various types of media and for overall design team support.
● Work closely with internal Customer Service, Product Development, and Engineering/ UX teams to provide technically correct and visually appropriate graphics for each concept.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- 3-4 years of design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent professional experience
- Design experience in a cross-functional team environment
- Proficiency in current graphic visual design practices and Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS and Github
- Ability to design for both web and print based projects
- Strong attention to detail and high standards of design aesthetics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Experience with photography, videography, or motion graphics
- Email creative experience: a plus!
- Understanding of, and interest in, fabric, textiles, surface design: a plus!
- Flexible with design direction and ability to positively respond to feedback.
- Be open to learning new things and ready to lend a hand when needed in any situation
- Self-disciplined and motivated in an environment that requires a strong attention to detail
What can we offer you?
At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. Our team is full of creative, multitalented individuals who embody — like our customers — a DIY ethic and an embrace of hard work. We offer team members competitive benefits, company paid medical insurance for employees and their families, the support of continuing education, and the chance to learn new skills and to move within the company. Company culture includes monthly town halls, a monthly fabric allowance, regular Spoonfun events and an annual fabric design challenge for staff.
If you’re interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a resume and a cover letter, telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please submit examples of your work with your resume and cover letter.
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered.
No Recruiters/Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will be fed to our printers. Candidates and/or resumes presented to non-HR employees from recruiters and/or agencies will be disqualified.
We look forward to hearing from you!