Job Code: PO3
Spoonflower is one of the hottest brands in the DIY space, and one of North Carolina’s fastest-growing companies. Our website makes it possible for individuals to create and sell unique fabrics, wallpaper and gift wrap. Many of the designers who use Spoonflower to create products also use it to sell their work, making Spoonflower the world’s largest marketplace of surface designs created by indie artists. The community of designers and shoppers who make up Spoonflower is central to what we do. Our goal is to continue to expand the reach of Spoonflower’s services internationally, and, more generally, to expand the opportunities available for individuals to express themselves through color, pattern, and personalization. Our office in the RTP area of Durham offers a fun, creative environment and a small, close-knit team of people who love what they do.
This position is responsible for the operation of our large-format inkjet printers in order to produce orders on fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Operating multiple printers at one time in order to keep the printing process going.
- Prioritizing work in order to timely deliver orders.
- Moving digital files around in different operating system environments and administering print operations within a Web browser.
- Operating and managing RIP software for printing.
- Cleaning and maintaining print room equipment, which includes dealing with ink.
- Monitoring the quality of the substrate being printed and knowing when the product does not meet quality standards.
- Troubleshooting and reporting on the state of the printing equipment.
- Providing support to the Floor Operations team with cutting, packing & shipping products when needed.
Requirements for this position:
- This is a full-time position with hours that total 40 hours. This position has the potential to work overtime during high production times, which may include a regular weekend schedule.
- Prior printing experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to move and load large rolls of fabric of up to 50 lbs.
- Great communication skills in writing and in person.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to improvise and adapt to a changing workflow.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to stay focused and on-task.
- Dedicated to the idea of using technology to help people share their creativity.
- 3rd shift experience is preferred but not mandatory.
We are seeking candidates for 3rd shift (11:00 pm – 7:00 am). Ability to work weekends is preferred.
About Working @Spoonflower
Spoonflower is a unique amalgam of individuals with exceptional skills in their areas of expertise that come together to foster and drive the success of Spoonflower. Members of this team need to have:
- excellent communication skills in writing and in person
- good problem-solving and the ability to improvise and adapt to a changing workflow.
- a commitment to hard work, dedication, enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
- the desire to be part of a small but rapidly growing company and who would like to grow along with us.
- understanding that we operate 24/7 and some of our positions will work some weekends.
Life @ Spoonflower
- Company-paid medical coverage for employees and their families
- 401k plan participation for full and part-time employees with company match
- Monthly fabric/wallpaper/gift wrap allowance
- Casual dress code
- A tightly knit team that values spontaneity, creativity, and collaboration
3rd shift: $12.00/hour plus a $2.00/hour shift differential. After the successful completion of a 90 probationary period, you will be eligible for a base wage increase to $12.53/hour.
The application process for Spoonflower is unique, so please take the time to read the instructions below:
- Cover letters are important!
- We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you have done. Please do not send just a resume.
- In your letter specify which position you are applying for, and include your name and contact information
- Include in your letter a URL for any/all online material that you would like to share with us including resume, blog, or portfolio of work.
- Use the link below to paste your cover letter into the message box.
- Please reference the job code in your application for the position in which you are interested
Links to more information about Spoonflower: