The Director of Digital Marketing leads our digital marketing channels, which includes programmatic SEM and display, paid, organic social and conversion rate optimization. The focus is on delivering revenue goals through acquisition of new customers and digital conversion activities throughout the full customer lifecycle. The role will support other initiatives such as promotions or community engagement requiring digital marketing expertise and execution. This role currently manages a team of internal digital marketing professionals, plus external resources and reports into the SVP Marketing. This position is based in Durham.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a competitive digital marketing strategy and build an effective marketing funnel enabling repeatable, predictable revenue growth with adherence to best-in-class LTV: CAC standards.
- Accurately forecast multi-channel digital performance and manage the digital marketing budget, providing data-driven guidance and recommendations on program budget investments, allocations and changes as needed.
- Communicate, strategize and influence cross-functional partners to implement funnel optimization opportunities.
- Lead, inspire, manage, and mentor direct reports to maximize their individual potential and professional growth, as well as ability to function effectively as a team.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the team to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability.
- Build a culture of accountability, performance, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement. You must be forward thinking and always testing new opportunities.
- Create and manage campaigns and related budgets for all digital advertising platforms across all digital display, paid social, affiliate, email sponsorships, and paid search channels. These include, but are not limited to Adwords, Google Display Network, Bing, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Determine and manage the appropriate analytics and digital marketing technology tools, including Google Analytics, our internal database, each advertising platform to track results and ensure reporting infrastructure is appropriate to provide full funnel analysis and align investment decisions with revenue goals.
- Utilize advanced audience targeting strategies and creative testing frameworks to improve success KPIs
- Work cross-functionally to improve conversion rates at the top-of-the-funnel through paid customer acquisition.
Who You Are
This position may be right for you if you have:
- Experience as a Technical Digital Marketing Leader
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth and optimizing digital marketing initiatives.
- Data driven marketer with strong Google Analytics experience
- 8+ years digital marketing experience in B2C or ecommerce, across a variety of channels including SEM, display, and paid social.
- Experience leading projects to improve campaign measurement using attribution models and infrastructure
- Extensive experience interpreting data to provide insights and improve channel performance.
- Experience with digital media planning and buying including use of programmatic buying, direct buying through Google Adwords, Bing, Google Display, Facebook, and other display networks.
- Comfortable communicating with C-suite executives, with strong communication skills.
- Experience successfully managing digital MarTech vendors and agencies, including vendor/agency selection.
As well as the following competencies:
- Leadership – You are a proven leader with 3+ years people management experience and a strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive and accountable environment
- Passionate – You are a passionate digital marketing professional and proactively seek to keep learning by keeping up with the latest in digital marketing technologies, trends, innovations and best-practices to drive creative and high performing digital marketing strategies and programs.
- Driven Achiever – You possess strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills, have a passion for data driven decision making, thrive on challenges, and have a proven history of successfully, consistently leading teams to achieve targets and objectives.
- Strategist – You have perspective and can discuss impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
- Customer Focused – You have a passion for service and satisfaction, are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, act with customers in mind, and develop and maintain a positive customer experience.
- Problem Solver – You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Good Communicator – Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative – You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in small/size organizations and have the ability to work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such across Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Customer Service.
as well as the following competencies:
- Passion – You are a passionate data analyst and proactively seek to grow by keeping up with the latest trends and best-practices to transform data into actionable insights
- Driven Achiever – You possess strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills, have a passion for data driven decision making, thrive on challenges, and have a proven history of successfully, consistently leading projects to achieve targets and objectives
- Customer Focused – You have a passion for service and satisfaction, are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, act with customers in mind, and develop and maintain a positive customer experience
- Problem Solver – You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes
- Collaborative – You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in
small/mid-sized organizations and have the ability to work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such as marketing, product, engineering, and customer service teams
What Can We Offer You?
At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. We encourage a casual, family-friendly office space and love when our employees are just as creative and passionate as our customers. Our team is full of multitalented individuals who embody — like our customers — a DIY ethic and embrace hard work. As part of Spoonflower, we offer team members outstanding benefits, including company paid medical coverage for employees and their families (US office), generous time off benefits, the support of continuing education, and the chance to learn new skills and advance within the company. And did we mention the monthly fabric/wallpaper allowance?
The application process for Spoonflower is unique, so please take the time to read the instructions below:
- Cover letters are important! We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you have done. Please do not send just a resume.
- In your letter specify which position you are applying for, and include your name and contact information.
- Include in your letter a URL for any/all your online material that you would like to share with us including resume, blog, or portfolio of work.
Please apply here!
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status or any legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulation or ordinances.