Customer Advocates at Spoonflower help us serve our rapidly growing community of designers, sewists, and fabric lovers. Spoonflower has a special relationship with the community that uses its service. Our relationship with our customers is our most important marketing tool and we rely upon an engaged and positive relationship with the Spoonflower community in order to grow. Creating positive interactions with customers while still managing time effectively is one of the primary skills of a Customer Advocate.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Handling individual communications with members of the Spoonflower community via email, chat, and phone.
- Providing information about our products, services, and order status.
- Supporting customers who need assistance uploading and preparing digital images.
- Potentially supporting higher needs customers like Crafty Entrepreneurs and Pro members.
- Contributing content to our help pages, blog and elsewhere.
- Resolving issues using good judgement, sensitivity, and quick thinking.
- Providing feedback to the engineering, product, marketing and operations teams about product, promo and technology challenges.
Requirements for this position:
- 1 – 2 years of customer service experience
- Outstanding writing skills. Must have a solid grasp of grammatical rules, the ability to properly construct sentences and the ability to write clearly and concisely while still communicating the entirety of the message.
- Strong familiarity with technical issues associated with digital design files and the use of software such as Photoshop, Gimp, etc.
- Availability to work a weekday shift of 9am to 5pm, with other potential hours from 8am to 4pm or 10am to 6pm
- Availability to work weekends on a rotating basis
- Positive outlook and a collegial and professional attitude
Preferred abilities & characteristics:
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and to manage competing demands
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and to use time efficiently
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Comfort with software and new technology
- Interest in DIY culture, fabric, and design
Does this sound like you? If yes, we would love to talk to you. If you’re interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a cover letter, telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please apply here!
**Application to this position also requires a written sample. Please submit yours by clicking here.
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered! No agencies or outside recruiters, please. Resumes submitted by agencies/recruiters will be fed to our printers.
We look forward to hearing from you!