At Spoonflower, we create print on-demand fabric, wallpaper, and gift wrap using a digital manufacturing process that is on the verge of disrupting traditional manufacturing on a broad scale. Our offices are located in the RTP area of Durham and in Berlin, Germany and we offer a fun, creative environment and a close-knit team of people who love what they do. Spoonflower is a unique amalgam of individuals with exceptional skills in their areas of expertise that come together to foster and drive the success of Spoonflower.
Our mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern.
The Chief Experience Officer (CXO) will be the senior executive in charge of acquiring and retaining customers for Spoonflower and its related businesses. Our ideal candidate will have in-depth experience leading demand generation within a digital marketing environment. Reporting to the CEO in Durham and partnering with Spoonflower’s executive team, the CXO will be accountable for traffic, conversions, and revenue. The CXO will manage the departments responsible for marketing and front-end engineering / design.
- Setting strategy and goals for customer acquisition and retention.
- Executing for results.
- Utilizing market data, customer information and business results to adjust roadmap as needed.
- Leveraging data and technology to drive improvements.
- Developing and leading interdisciplinary teams.
- Building strong relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Analyzing, understanding and communicating the user experience.
- Develop and oversee a strategy for growing traffic by driving awareness and interest in Spoonflower and increasing revenue associated with the site.
- Develop data driven strategies and tactics to measure marketing efforts and effectiveness. Bring together marketing, design and coding resources to craft a user experience that engages and delights by establishing best practices in the development of personas, A/B testing, usability studies, cohort analysis and optimization of digital advertising programs. Ensure a consistently positive, rewarding experience across all online customer touch points, from first contact through browsing and checkout.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to developers and marketing teams, as well as modeling values and management practices across the organization. Manage the site development and marketing teams.
- Develop and oversee the feature roadmap for the Spoonflower site based on priorities identified as critical to increasing traffic and conversion.
- Guide and direct teams working to create a world-class mobile experience on all Spoonflower web properties.
- Ensure that the user experience is at the center of all planning processes.
- Develop and manage budget for customer acquisition efforts, including promotions, as well as resource allocation for engineering and design teams, testing, third-party applications, etc.
- Drive long-term strategy with respect to increasing customer awareness and engagement, as well as increasing sales channels. Optimize transitions from paid and organic traffic sources to e-commerce transactions and other engaged behaviors.
- Senior management experience to include budgeting and P&L. The successful candidate will be a highly talented and respected 2nd-in-command who is ready to step up to the C-level.
- At least ten years hiring and managing successful cross-functional teams with a focus on setting clear expectations for performance and behavior, giving frequent and thoughtful feedback and providing meaningful work and professional development.
- Background in e-commerce in a direct-to-consumer business, with strong credentials in guiding mobile design.
- Management of digital marketing strategy, including budgeting, best practices in content marketing, social media and the use of online sales channels.
- We are looking for an influencer who possesses powerful persuasive skills combined with the support of a scientific approach to hypothesis, experimentation, and devotion to reason and numeric proof.
- Demonstrated experience setting strategy and executing results with a bias toward action. Ability to continually measure progress and quickly change course when presented with information that warrants a strategy change.
Does this sound like you? If yes, we would love to talk to you. Please send us a resume and a cover letter telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team to email@example.com.