If you haven't weighed in yet in this week's fabric of the week contest, the results are close this time so be sure to VOTE. Right now Carolina Harris of San Jose, California, design leads Rachael Barkess of Perth, Australia by about 40 votes. Results so far are here, and voting will close around 3pm EST on Sunday, December 7.
Congratulations to Melissa-Jane Harrison of New South Wales, whose lovely orange flower pattern won in the voting this week. You can see more of her work at Mahogany Turtle, but for the next week you can buy her design in the Spoonflower Etsy shop.
Final tallies were:
- "design4" by Melissa Jane-Harrison, 810
- "Twirls" by Ryan Hastings, 288
- "Spoonflower_1" by English Cookies, 112
- "Pivoine_15" by Lara Brehm 382
Now for Week #3
It's an even more international competition this week, with
designs by Linn Bodur of Sweden (below: lower left), Rachael Barkess of Perth, Australia (upper right), Aloramyst (Canada – upper left) and Carolina Harris (US – lower right). Take a look and be sure to vote!
Today is your last chance to buy Crafty Ginger's lovely Cocoa Stripe fabric from the Spoonflower store on Etsy, and it's also your last chance to VOTE on the fabric that will be offered for the next week. You'll remember the choices are…
- "Twirls" by Ryan Hastings
- "Pivoine_15" by Lara Brehm
- "Spoonflower_1" by Karin Patry
- "design4" by Melissa Jane-Harrison
View the results so far here.
Voting will close around 3pm EST.
Well, Crafty Ginger is the winner of the first Spoonflower fabric-of-the-week contest. You can see her lovely design here, but even better — you can buy it in the Spoonflower Etsy store for ONE WEEK only. Be sure to check out more of her work on her web site.
We also loved the other two designs, the Gingko by Cameron Blazer (see more from her at the Cottage Industrialist), and Tri-Color by Lisa Ashby over at All Things Dearly. But the final vote tally was: tri_color by Lisa Ashby, 262 | Cocoa_Stripe by Crafty Ginger, 635 | Gingko by Cameron Blazer, 519. The queue is getting lengthy, but if you want to enter your design for voting in a future contest, you can do that here.
Now you have a batch of new designs to choose between for week two of the Spoonflower Fabric of the Week contest. We decided to give you four choices this week, and they are:
- "Twirls" by Ryan Hastings (upper lft)
- "Pivoine_15" by Lara Brehm (lower left)
- "Spoonflower_1" by Karin Patry (upper rt)
- "design4" by Melissa Jane-Harrison (lower rt)
VOTE for your favorite design.
View the results so far here.
We'll wrap up voting on our first fabric-of-the-week contest tomorrow (Sunday) at 3pm EST. Remember, you're choosing between three (terrific) designs:
- Gingko by Cameron Blazer. You can check out more of Cameron's work at Cottage Industrialist
- Cocoa_Stripe by Kari Kail. See her work at Crafty Ginger.
- tri_color by Lisa Ashby. See Lisa's work and visit her shop at All Things Dearly.
Remember, starting Monday, November 24, the winning fabric will be on sale in our Etsy shop for ONE WEEK only.
Review the rules for Spoonflower's Fabric-of-the-Week contest here.