Last year, we were delighted to partner with our friends at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort for a once-in-a-lifetime design challenge opportunity. Dating back to 1954, Hilton Hawaiian Village has played host to many celebrities, heads of state and presidents. So how did they get connected with Spoonflower? [Read more…] about The Weekly Design Challenge Finds a Place in Paradise
When you peel back the layers, there’s a lot going on beneath our feet. And this week’s Geology Design Challenge was the perfect inspiration to celebrate Earth’s materials, natural resources and the processes that have acted on our dynamic planet over the entire history of time. We’re loving the results of this week’s challenge and are extending an enthusiastic congratulations to grand prize winner camcreative, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design, Colorful Agates. We’re also thrilled to congratulate second place (aspenartsstudio) and third place (sarah_treu) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. Dig up your favorites in the top ten.
1. 336 votes for Colorful agates by camcreative
2. 316 votes for Geology Macro – Lapis Agates Mineralogy – Large Scale by aspenartsstudio
3. 295 votes for Sedimentary Discovery by sarah_treu
4. 293 votes for blue and green geode by karismithdesigns
5. 288 votes for Deep treasures. Geology. Dinosaurs skulls, crystals, rocks. by kostolom3000
6. 284 votes for rock stacks by cjldesigns
7. 240 votes for Nautilus fossils in sapphire blue by adenaj
8. 237 votes for River Rocks by vo_aka_virginiao
9. 233 votes for Dyed Agate-Ocean Blues by groovity
10. 226 votes for Watercolor Rock Collection by artfully_minded [Read more…] about Announcing the Geology Design Challenge Winners
Can you believe Spoonflower’s very first design challenge was held almost 8 years ago? The daffodils theme challenged the Spoonflower community for the very first time and holli_zollinger’s daffodils_yellow won the hearts of the community as she took home our very first grand prize. Since then, the weekly prompts have made Thursdays our favorite day of the week (after Saturday, of course!). We can’t wait to see what designs make it into the winners’ circle during our May and June challenges.
If this is your very first challenge, don’t forget to review how to submit an entry before you get started and as always, have fun!
Marrakesh | Results Announced May 17
Spring is here and we’re digging in the dirt to cultivate our green thumb for this week’s Gardening Design Challenge. From urban gardening to backyard raised beds, there’s something for everyone when it comes to adding a dose of greenery to your life—even if you have to leave it to the experts (or in this case, designers). We’re pleased to announce grand prize gardener cjldesigns, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design, Good Morning Garden. We’re also thrilled to congratulate second place (christinewitte) and third place (heleen_vd_thillart) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. See more botanical favorites by viewing the top ten, they’re sure to become your next perennial favorites!
1. 341 votes for good morning garden by cjldesigns
2. 331 votes for Lush Vintage Garden by christinewitte
3. 281 votes for Greenhouse colorful garden by heleen_vd_thillart
4. 266 votes for How Does Your Garden Grow by heatherdutton
5. 264 votes for The foxy gardener // orange foxes by selmacardoso
6. 256 votes for PINK CHARD by katecruise
7. 253 votes for Heart of a Gardener_Gray Lg by robinpickens
8. 248 votes for Monet’s Garden by sarah_treu
9. 245 votes for Happy gardening by alenkakarabanova
10. 242 votes for A Garden out of control! by kostolom3000 [Read more…] about Announcing the Gardening Design Challenge Winners
Everyone pack your bags because we’re day-tripping to the wide open countryside for this week’s Modern Farmhouse Design Challenge. Iconic to the modern farmhouse style is the mainstay of cream as a thematic color choice which presents the perfect canvas for both neutrals and bold hues alike. It also provides the perfect slate for chickens as a design element, which you could not get enough of this week! Congratulations to grand prize winner natalia_gonzalez, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design, Little Friends at the Farmhouse. We also tip our straw hats to second place (heleen_vd_thillart) and third place (torysevas) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. Visit more winners from the farm in the entire top ten.
1. 372 votes for Little friends at the farmhouse by natalia_gonzalez
2. 324 votes for Chicken and rooster in watercolor blue on creme by heleen_vd_thillart
3. 307 votes for Kokoko by torysevas
4. 287 votes for countryside treasures by daria_nokso
5. 282 votes for Wooden Wonderland Barn Owl Collage – large by micklyn
6. 279 votes for Farmhouse Dining by thestorysmith
7. 256 votes for modern farmhouse 3 by tomatodumplings
8. 255 votes for Cockadoodledoo by katerhees
9. 254 votes for Farmhouse Ducks by sarah_treu
10. 247 votes for Sing for Your Supper // Gather Round & Give Thanks by zirkus_design [Read more…] about Announcing the Modern Farmhouse Design Challenge Winners
Fire up the grill because for this week’s Summer Cookout Design Challenge, we’re celebrating our favorite way to spend sunny afternoons—at a backyard barbecue with friends. After viewing the top 25 collection featuring favorites such as burgers, grilled veggies, hotdogs and even ice cream, we’re all a little hungry for the arrival of warm weather. Today we’re celebrating grill-master and grand prize winner lebski, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design, Summer in the Garden. Equally as sizzlin’ are second place (gnoppoletta) and third place (jenimp) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. View the entire top ten and be inspired to plan your own summer cookout!
1. 296 votes for Summer in the Garden by lebski
2. 295 votes for vintage cookout by gnoppoletta
3. 278 votes for Backyard Barbecue Barkcloth – Mustard by jenimp
4. 255 votes for Hot dogs and lemonade // aqua background by selmacardoso
5. 253 votes for Backyard BBQ – Aqua by heatherdutton
6. 241 votes for Summer BBQ by chicca_besso
7. 235 votes for Grilled by camcreative
8. 222 votes for Mid-Century Cookout by honoluludesign
9. 217 votes for Retro Summer Cookout – Heavens to Betsy by heavenstobetsydesign
10. 204 votes for Floral yummy. Summer cookout food. by kostolom3000 [Read more…] about Announcing the Summer Cookout Design Challenge Winners
This week’s Monochrome design challenge is a twist on a community favorite, the limited color palette. For this round, designers were given the freedom to choose one color and were asked to create a repeating pattern using only tones, tints and shades of that particular hue. With 756 designs submitted, we’d say this was one of our most popular challenges to date and if you scroll through the top 25, you’ll notice blue was the preferred color choice! Congratulations to grand prize winner gaiamarfurt, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design, Monochrome. We also want to recognize the top voted designs from second place (daria_nokso) and third place (heleen_vd_thillart) who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. View the top ten and be sure to mark your favorites!
1. 248 votes for monochrome by gaiamarfurt
2. 243 votes for indigo snowberries with leaves by daria_nokso
3. 240 votes for Cactus and succulent monochrome mint watercolor by heleen_vd_thillart
4. 237 votes for Alpacas and cacti by elena_naylor
5. 232 votes for green dinos by analinea
6. 228 votes for space city mono blue by scrummy
7. 225 votes for Under the Deep Blue Sea by red_raspberry_designs
8. 224 votes for Cats on balls by boadala
9. 219 votes for Folklorica Blues by groovity
10. 216 votes for Night garden. Blue moths. Monochrome design. by kostolom3000 [Read more…] about Announcing the Monochrome Design Challenge Winners
This week we’re heading to the race tracks with the party planning experts at Black Twine for our Off to the Horse Races design challenge. A celebratory weekend at the track wouldn’t be complete without iconic cocktails like mint juleps, larger-than-life hats, roses and of course, horses! All contestants did an exceptional job making for a tight edge-of-your-seat race. Congratulations to grand prize winner sarah_treu, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design, Run for the Roses. Close on her heels are finalists in second place (friztin) and third place (heavenstobetsydesign) who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. Not ready for the party to be over? Tip your hat to the entire top ten collection of runners up.
Sarah’s winning design (and a few others from the top 25!) will be featured in a special derby-themed party package styled by our friends at Black Twine as a bonus for this week’s design challenge.
1. 257 votes for Run for the Roses by sarah_treu
2. 255 votes for On the Loose! M+M Tan by Friztin by friztin
3. 236 votes for Derby Day FINAL-01 by heavenstobetsydesign
4. 227 votes for horseraces by gaiamarfurt
5. 215 votes for The horsey set by skbird
6. 203 votes for racing silks by scrummy
7. 202 votes for Dreaming by fernlesliestudio
8. 198 votes for Off to the Horse Races by wickedrefined
9. 191 votes for Off to the Races by oliveandruby
10. 175 votes for Off To The Horse Races Challenge by karendel [Read more…] about Announcing The Off to the Horse Races Design Challenge Winners
On March 8 people all over the world gathered together in their communities to celebrate International Women’s Day. And, for this week’s Sisterhood Around the World design challenge, the Spoonflower community of artists and fabric lovers did the same. We are thrilled to not only have a pool of immensely talented female makers and creators be a part of Spoonflower, but we now have a beautiful collection of fabric designs paying homage to our sisterhood. That’s something to celebrate! Today we are applauding grand prize winner groovity, who will be receiving a $200 Spoonflower credit for her design, Irina and Friends. Alongside her is second place (alenkakarabanova) and third place (mariaspeyer) winners who will be receiving $100 and $50 in Spoonflower credit, respectively. Keep the movement going and see more sisterhood designs in the top ten.
1. 385 votes for Irina and Friends by groovity
2. 351 votes for Flower bath by alenkakarabanova
3. 323 votes for Girl Tower by mariaspeyer
4. 313 votes for Fight like a girl club by natalia_gonzalez
5. 288 votes for sisterhood by gaiamarfurt
6. 278 votes for Sisterly riding the world together by selmacardoso
7. 248 votes for Cute floral woman design. Sisterhood around the World. by kostolom3000
8. 239 votes for Sisterhood by lily_studio
9. 238 votes for Sisterhood: Gaia universally nurturing growth by vo_aka_virginiao
10. 236 votes for sisterhood around the world by stargazingseamstress [Read more…] about Announcing Sisterhood Around the World Design Challenge Winners
2018 marks Spoonflower’s 10 year anniversary and as we continue to grow, we are dedicated to keeping our ecological footprint small in sharp contrast to today’s textile industry. From a print-on-demand process designed to minimize our fabric and ink waste to a small garden outside our North Carolina headquarters that is filled with herbs, lettuces and cherry tomatoes planted (and enjoyed) by our employees, sustainability is at the heart of all that we do. As we approach Earth Day on April 22, we hope this month’s design challenge themes will inspire you to ask yourself how you’re making a positive impact on Mother Earth.