With apologies, we’re postponing the next fabric-of-the-week contest until Monday. If you followed the results of last week’s vote then you probably already know who won, but we’ll hold off on the formal congratulations for the moment. Sorry for the delay, but between snow storms, vexing printers and the deluge of lovely designs you’ve been submitting, we are slammed. A week off can’t hurt, right?
Nice bunch of designs this week, don't you think? They are:
- Hibiscus by Studio Fibonacci
- wheels by Ros Clarke
- snowglobes by min elliott
- willowcarrepeat by J.R. Campbell of Glasgow, Scotland
- fractured_flower_yellow_600 by Lee Thomas
- lanterns by Bronwyn Landvatter
Review the weekly contest rules and/or enter your own design here.
Congratulations to designer Sharon Wilson of New Zealand. Her "ant swatch" won the most votes last week and you can buy her cute little creepy-crawlies in the Spoonflower Etsy shop as a limited edition fabric through Sunday.
The final voting results:
- Man-L3-b1-sf by Nine Tomatoes: 247
- Floral2 by M Y: 266
- Green_Crayon_Mandala by TJ Bower: 294
- Flee_s_Beach_is_Blue by kklebe: 296
- WatchesTossedPacked by Sandra Stewart: 235
- Ant_swatch by Sharon Wilson: 373
Congratulations to Charlene Lam, whose birds stole the show this week.
Her "Pigeon Parade" now joins the elite ranks of the Spoonflower fabrics-of-the-week. You can buy it for yourself for the next six days in the Spoonflower Etsy store. Final results for voting last week were:
- Pigeon Parade by Charlene Lam: 509
- roobric by Tessa McSorley: 95
- trees4 by midcenturymaude: 424
- Snowmen by Susan Mitchell: 308
- Abstract_Sunny_Flower_Explosion by Carol Megivern: 119
- late_fixed2 by Kate McInnes of Australia: 298
Charlene has her own Etsy shop as well over at Birdnerd.Etsy.com. (Oops! Not Charlene's Etsy shop, though still a nice one.)
The Next Six Fabrics
Well, what are you waiting for – go vote!
The designers this week are (clockwise from the top left):
- Man-L3-b1-sf by Nine Tomatoes
- Floral2 by M Y
- Green_Crayon_Mandala by TJ Bower
- Flee_s_Beach_is_Blue by kklebe
- WatchesTossedPacked by Sandra Stewart
- Ant_swatch by Sharon Wilson
Thanks to all for participating. You can stay current on the votes as they are cast here.
Find out how to enter your own design here.
you can view the pretty, pretty version here. Sorry about that!]
Nissa Prohaska's "colorleaves3"" won the most votes last week, but only by a hair! In our closest competition ever, we saw Nissa's design beat Cate Anevski's "Pink Bears" by just a few votes. The other designs weren't far behind, either. It was a good week for the contest, no?
You can buy Nissa's lovely fabric through this Sunday in the Spoonflower Etsy store.
Full voting results for our closest ever fabric-of-the-week contest:
- "Pink Bears" by Cate Anevski 19.9% 388
- "plane_ocean_fabric_real" by briana miller 8.9% 173
- "Floral_BlPkPur_SF" by Annie Dwyer Internicola 19.7% 384
- "texture" by Elisa Meneghin 17.0% 330
- "colorleaves3" by Nissa Prohaska 20.6% 401
- "crosses" by Jinjer 13.9% 270
Another six designs compete: vote now for your favorite
This week's designs are (clockwise from the top left):
- Pigeon Parade by Charlene Lam
- roobric by Tessa McSorley
- trees4 by midcenturymaude
- Snowmen by Susan Mitchell
- Abstract_Sunny_Flower_Explosion by Carol Megivern
- late_fixed2 by Kate McInnes of Australia
Good luck to all! Keep up with the votes as they are cast here.
Find out how to enter your own design here.
- autumn_suns by Lindsey Kennedy: 108
- Field-Ornate by occorb: 678
- childpinkhorsedamask by Charlotte Warner: 259
- Retro by Mallory Cumrine: 381
- heartPlaidBlue_repeat by steph calvert: 295
- Woman by Christy Brock: 260
Get Out the Vote
We've got a terrific batch of designs for you to vote on this week, so be sure to weigh in. From left to right below we have:
- "Pink Bears" by Cate Anevski
- "plane_ocean_fabric_real" by briana miller
- "Floral_BlPkPur_SF" by Annie Dwyer Internicola
- "texture" by Elisa Meneghin
- "colorleaves3" by Nissa Prohaska
- "crosses" by Jinjer
Mike Dawson is a talented designer who has printed a lot of work using Spoonflower over the past few months. We're pleased to announce that he is the winner of the 10th (can it be ten already?) Spoonflower fabric-of-the-week contest. "LM" ran away with the competition this past week, but he deserves it. All of the designs he's done that I've seen look terrific on fabric. For the next seven days only, you can buy this fabric in the Spoonflower Etsy store.
Final results from the voting last week were:
WhiteonBlueRegalRepeat by Leigh R: 150
Spnflr1A by Leona Jaeger: 140
rainbirds by marisol diaz: 290
foolsmate by W. Dawkins: 115
LM by Mike Dawson
by Mike Dawson: 667
mustard flower 2 by Renee Garner: 276
Next up: Vote for another winner!
The designs for this week — which we've taken, as always, in order from the queue of entries that started in November — are:
- autumn_suns by Lindsey Kennedy
- Field-Ornate by occorb
- childpinkhorsedamask by Charlotte Warner
- Retro by Mallory Cumrine
- heartPlaidBlue_repeat by steph calvert, long beach
- Woman by Christy Brock, Cedarville
You can follow the results as they arrive in real time here.
Find out how to enter your own design here (submitted designs must already be uploaded to Spoonflower). Good luck to all.
As our little corner of the world welcomes a new president,
we're pleased to make a small contribution to the news of the day by announcing that Inkdotz by Ink is the winner of the Spoonflower fabric of the week contest. You can buy her fabric in the Spoonflower Etsy shop through Sunday (in a slightly truncated contest week).
The other choices were also terrific, so thanks are in order to the designers who participated. Final tally:
- "flowers" by Rachel Murphy: 301
- "floral" by Sarah: 482
- "snakegirl" by Boni Dutch: 58
- "inkdotz" by ink: 566
- "Punk Andy" by Blue Nickel Studios: 420
- "spoonflower_bebes" by Cindy S: 292
VOTE ON NEW DESIGNS
week we've got another batch of amazing creativity to show you from six
new designers. Let us know your thoughts by clicking on the photo below
Above, from the left to right beginning with the top row, then the bottom row:
- WhiteonBlueRegalRepeat by Leigh R
- Spnflr1A by Leona Jaeger, Altadena, CA
- rainbirds by marisol diaz, Oak Ridge, New Jersey
- foolsmate by W. Dawkins
- LM by Mike Dawson
by Mike Dawson, Newark , NJ
mustard flower 2 by Renee Garner, Matthews – NC
While voting still ends today (about three hours form now) for this week's contest, our next contest announcement will be delayed slightly because of downtime on the part of our email provider. We're planning to send the next contest announcement Tuesday morning.
Congratulations to Rachel Galloway of Mamma Made Designs. In a tussle between beasties, her lions managed to defeat the goats, bucks and assorted animals of Wild West by Becka Rahn. You can buy Rachel's fabric for the next seven days in our Etsy store.
- Carnival by Kim Frank 219
- Lion design by Rachel Galloway 614
- Plein_Air_with_Joan by Minka's Studio 185
- Wild West by Becka Rahn 531
If you've never looked at it, do take a few minutes to peruse Rachel's work. She is also the author of an extensive series of tutorials on designing fabric that are linked from our FAQ page. Go, Rachel!
And now for this week's contest. We've been trying to figure out how to get through the entry queue a bit faster, so this week we're altering the rules slightly to vote on six, rather than four, designs at once. That may make deciding which one you like best that much harder, but it will also mean that more Spoonflower designers get to participate.
Up this week:
- "flowers" by Rachel Murphy (Boise, ID)
- "floral" by Sarah (Roseville, CA)
- "snakegirl" by Boni Dutch
- "inkdotz" by ink
- "Punk Andy" by Blue Nickel Studios
- "spoonflower_bebes" by Cindy S (Baton Rouge, LA )
Find out how to enter your own design (must already be on Spoonflower) here.